Loading times query...

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By flameboy84

So I've been getting my fill on the reviews as they trickle out....and Game Informers review made me wonder. This article from Gamespot say there are no load times.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3-is-an-open-world-with-no-loading-tim/1100-6426896/

Yet Game Informer says this;

I have very few complaints about The Witcher 3, but it does have some minor nuisances, such as some long load times

So now I'm confused...The original Witcher for me did have long load times that were very frustrating but it was between each zone of the open world so to speak and when entering cities. There is no doubt though that it breaks up the experience a great deal. I was hoping this would not be case with The Witcher 3 but perhaps it is....

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

My understanding is that you get load times when you (a) fast travel or (b) die and reload. Generally speaking though, as long as you're just running around, you don't get load screens, even if you enter a building.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@__pb__ said:

There won't be loading screens as you're exploring the open world (even the towns are seamlessly connected to the wilds) or when going from indoors to outdoors, but you'll hit a loading screen during fast travel or when loading a save.

@lawgamer said:

My understanding is that you get load times when you (a) fast travel or (b) die and reload. Generally speaking though, as long as you're just running around, you don't get load screens, even if you enter a building.

You will actually get loading screens between the major zones.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@tuxfool said:
@__pb__ said:

There won't be loading screens as you're exploring the open world (even the towns are seamlessly connected to the wilds) or when going from indoors to outdoors, but you'll hit a loading screen during fast travel or when loading a save.

@lawgamer said:

You will actually get loading screens between the major zones.

You're all right