So pretty in 1440p...

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Running this game with 60 fps in 1440p on ultra everything with HSBO+ is freaking beautiful. This easily takes the crown for one of the most beautiful games I've ever played and possibly the best looking technical graphic achievement Ive ever seen.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Go over here and prove it.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What card are you running it on? Because so far the game is pretty stable at around 40-45 fps when all maxed out at that resolution on my 980. I'm keeping it at 1080p where it actually is stuck at 60fps and the hair physics thing is barely noticeable that I'm keeping it disabled for now

No Caption Provided

The environments doesn't look too bad though at higher resolutions

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dave_Tacitus
Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dave_tacitus: Ohh, ok now I can see it but it still seems negligible mainly because of the performance hit it has. I think the feature needs some optimizing with future patches but right now it's not worth it at all when that setting gives me like a 10% hit on my framerate

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@colourful_hippie: My 780 drops 15+ frames when the hair thing is turned on for just Geralt. It looks better than the TressFX cold spaghetti stuff in Tomb Raider but not good enough to take that hit.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

BlueFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsnyder82: Nah, just need a second 980 for WItcher 3 4K. With my current rig I can do normal and lightly aged games in 4K no problem. Most high spec current games require me to go down to 1440por 1080p if I just crank everything up as high as it goes. Ill probobly get a second 980 in a few months to go along with my current one and dedicated PhysX card to consistently do 4K at 60+ fps.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

On my R9 290 with some settings set to ultra, others to high, I'm getting roughly 60 at 1080p. I envy the 980 owners out there, but am waiting till VR-viable cards are at more consumer-oriented prices.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My hd 7950 is chugging at about 35-40 FPS @1080p on high(No hair effect). Getting a pretty constant 30fps when using in home streaming with a bit of artifacting on the stream.

There wasn't much tweaking info out for AMD cards last night, going to try again today and see if i can switch certain things to Ultra and keep decent performance. Also no day one patch from AMD and the Nvidia is terrible about making their stuff non optimized for all hardware.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@oursin_360: Curious, I have the same card and was wondering if it's even gonna be able to handle it on high at all. I kinda thought it would be struggling in open environments.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

When I got a thunderstorm in the swamp I dipped to around 45 FPS but overall keeping a pretty consistent 60 in the open world. Outside of some of the way foliage blows in the wind I'm pretty impressed with the world so far.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@oursin_360: Curious, I have the same card and was wondering if it's even gonna be able to handle it on high at all. I kinda thought it would be struggling in open environments.

I've been running through the first forest area and it's been doing pretty well, usually 40fps but dips to 37-35 but it's not all that noticable to the eye so not alot of stuttering.

i turned everything to low to test it, and only got around 55fps lol. I think we just need new drivers but the game is definitely playable so far. Also no crashes for me, i think some Nvidia card users are complaining about that but nothing so far for me, both streaming and off the main monitor.