#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

From Telltale's blog, they've confirmed that the release date for Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us will be in the first week of February and acknowledge issues they've had getting it done.

It took way longer to get than many people were expecting. They didn't even let anyone know about any issues until now.

#2 Edited by csl316 (9254 posts) -

Thank god. For the release date, not the worrisome issues.

#3 Posted by project343 (2836 posts) -

The first episode was so good that I'm not even mad. :D

#4 Posted by IIGrayFoxII (303 posts) -

@project343: I agree entirely. Though I still wish that developer's were more transparent. It has been over 3 months since the first episode was released.

#5 Posted by SlashDance (1841 posts) -

I won't dive into the details, but it’s been an unusual and specific set of circumstances and we do not anticipate it happening again as we go forward with the rest of the season.

That's all I wanted to hear. Excited to play episode 2!

#6 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4867 posts) -

Luckily I got the first episode for free over the Christmas break (bought the season pass, tho'). From December to February doesn't seem like that long of a wait to me.

I pity the people who have been waiting since October, though.

#7 Posted by ripelivejam (4608 posts) -

havent even started it yet so no skin off my back, but good to hear.

i'll get around to it soon, but my god i have so many games to get to...

#8 Edited by Chop (2000 posts) -

After this and The Walking Dead, who would ever buy one of their games for full price at launch? What's the point when they go on sale (or free...) before the second episode even has a release date?

#9 Posted by Zeik (2659 posts) -

@chop said:

After this and The Walking Dead, who would ever buy one of their games for full price at launch? What's the point when they go on sale (or free...) before the second episode even has a release date?

It doesn't change anything for me, because I didn't buy the season pass. It works out better for me to pay the $5 individually.

And ultimately it's little different than most games these days. Wait a few months and almost everything gets a big sale, but if I really want to play something I'm not going to wait.

#10 Edited by Hardtarget (261 posts) -

finally. holy cow. I wish they had just done this first before walking dead 2 (even though it's separate teams I just want more fables!)

#11 Posted by Frobitz (198 posts) -

Sweet news. Kinda wish they'd get better at handling technical stuff though, after all the problems with Walking Dead S1 and now this.

Still, worth the wait if it's meant there's going to be no save eating bugs in Ep 2.

#12 Posted by Steadying (1416 posts) -

I wonder what the reason was. :P

Whatever, I'm happy it's finally coming out. It feels like forever since I beat the first episode.

#13 Posted by spraynardtatum (3513 posts) -

What they should do is start their new series with two already in the can ready to go. That way they can always hit their release date and have extra time for any unexpected problems. I know they're going to do a GoT season.

Anyways, this is great news. The Wolf Among Us: Episode 1 was really well done and one of the best looking games I've ever seen.

#14 Posted by scrappypixels (116 posts) -

This is nothing but good news!

#15 Posted by ThunderSlash (1908 posts) -

Rumors suggest that Telltale didn't like that fans figured out the culprit so quickly, so they've spent the last months redirecting the plot with a backup plan. But then again, this is too insane to believe. Take that with a grain of salt; cus y'know... rumors.

#16 Posted by probablytuna (3805 posts) -

Good to know, was just browsing through my Steam library and was thinking when they were gonna release info on the next Wolf Among Us episode.

#17 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5855 posts) -

I bought the season pass, I think I'll just wait until all the episodes are available.

#18 Posted by HelicopterSpy (147 posts) -

The first episode was so great it made me like The Walking Dead less. I can't wait to see how the story continues.

#19 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1732 posts) -

Rumors suggest that Telltale didn't like that fans figured out the culprit so quickly, so they've spent the last months redirecting the plot with a backup plan. But then again, this is too insane to believe. Take that with a grain of salt; cus y'know... rumors.

Did they? ... I didn't hear anything yet?

#20 Edited by ThunderSlash (1908 posts) -

@2headedninja: There are a ton of speculations on who the culprit is at the Telltale forums, with one being outstandingly popular due to the fact that it uses the rules of traditional murder mysteries to establish a suspect. Personally I'm not even sure if The Wolf Among Us is a traditional murder mystery; it could just be a classic crime drama for all we know.

#21 Edited by BigJeffrey (5143 posts) -
#22 Posted by Milkman (17193 posts) -

#23 Posted by crithon (3441 posts) -

I'm waiting for the whole thing to come out as one complete set.

#24 Edited by LackingSaint (1848 posts) -

Gaaaah, so close. The first episode as a standalone made it to the top five of my personal GotY, and i'm just now getting into the Fables comics; I can barely contain how excited I am for this new episode.

#25 Posted by SlashDance (1841 posts) -

Aaaaaand it's out.