Should I buy The Division or wait till The Division 2?

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been interested in this game since it was announced years ago but never pulled the trigger. It is currently on sale on PSN for $24.99 USD and I am tempted to buy it but I'm wondering if its worth it or if it's too late to jump in and if I should wait for a possible sequel.

I will be playing this game solo so I don't know if it's worth it for that as well or if like Destiny, it's much better as a multiplayer game. Is there enough single player content to make it worth it? Will I get destroyed in the Dark Zone now that everyone has played for a long time and presumably has the best weapons in the game and I don't have a squad to back me up?

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got it again after playing it at launch and not enjoying it. Enough people were talking about the changes they made and how fun the survival DLC was, that I wanted to try it again. It also helped the Gamestop is currently selling the game new for 11 bucks physical.

So I figured 11 bucks is totally worth giving the game another shot. I'm mostly playing solo myself.

As far as Dark Zone goes, I'm not sure but back at launch it was tiered off based on your level and Dark Zone rank, so if that still is how it works you shouldn't get destroyed if you wander in there.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wait for part 2...I found the division boring as shit. Standard 3rd person shooter that you've seen plenty of times. To be honest alot of ubisoft games lose my interest fast. Usually their games fall into a pattern real quickly.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, seriously do what you want. Enough has been said about the Division, that you should be able to decide for yourself if you want to play it. The game is shallow, and not really meant for running solo, but there is a solo option if you are so inclined.

I get it, that people want an extra nudge to make a purchase, but to me, if you have to ask strangers whether or not you should buy a game, then you are already not interested enough to purchase the game.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The right answer is Splinter Cell Blacklist 2.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solo? No. Not even remotely no. With a group of several friends? Maaaaaaaaaaybe. But ONLY with friends, who can make boring stretches of a game fun.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kinda depends. I played solo and didn't mind it, but a lot of it was kind of just grinding/going through fairly generic levels with bullet spongy enemies. I liked the setting and atmosphere though, and it was a good podcast/netflix/GB video type game. As has been mentioned above it's going for 10 bucks physical in Gamestop I believe, and that's a decent price for it, but whether or not you'll enjoy it really depends on if you just want an ok loot shooter or if you expect something more.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@holycrapitsadam: As someone who loves Destiny I've been told that Destiny is a terrible game, not fun for long, bad, poor design and whatever else you can think of. I disagree with that strongly and so do countless other people that play Destiny. The Division is cut from the same cloth. Having people here tell you it's garbage isn't really going to help you anything because you might think it's one of the most fun games you've ever played.

I don't want to play The Division myself, but I've been told by friends that they are having a ton of fun with it, just not solo. It is similar to Destiny a team-based game. I don't think there is any other way for you to know than to buy it and try it. Again, Destiny is one of the most fun games I've ever played and people aren't reserved about telling me it's utter garbage so if you want to know what's what, anything other than finding out yourself is completely useless.

Just watch gameplay look up video's on endgame stuff and then decide if that is something you might want to be doing. I think that's all you can do.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's a good enough game to do if you're listening to podcasts or watching stuff on a side monitor, but otherwise ehhhhh. As with all games, made much better with friends.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I received The Division for xmas. I'm hoping it will be enjoyable to play alone.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I received The Division for xmas. I'm hoping it will be enjoyable to play alone.

I played it mainly alone. They make it easy to do pick-up coop with strangers for missions if you are into that and it works well. I didn't beat the game, but I enjoyed the time I had with it.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GaspoweR

With the way they planned for this game, I don't think there is going to be a "sequel" per se anytime soon since they have plans for Year 2 content. They'll be continuing to support the game with another expansion or DLCs.

@frodobaggins Also as someone who mainly plays solo, its pretty enjoyable. You can always do matchmaking if you want to as an option and I also tend to do that a lot when trying to do missions on harder difficulties for the daily challenges or if you want to go the Dark Zone.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get it for the minimum price that you feel comfortable paying. It's a pretty subjective game.

Avatar image for aonehitterquiter
AONEHITTERQUITER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AONEHITTERQUITER

U willing to grind then u got plenty of time. It wont b out until wat? End of the year at the earliest.... I have played since the release and love running solo but I would suggest u join a community to find a crew to run with if u wanna get to know the DZ. Knowing how to play the 1st game may play a pretty crucial part in the new one if u had actually planned on getting it. If u get it and see my tag feel free to invite or join but if u decide to go rouge then ill have to make u bleed.....