Difference in last gen and current gen game?

BeardDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BeardDuder

Looked arround a bit this morning and didnt find any real detail. So anybody know if there is any huge difference between last gen and current get (outside of graphics) on Watch Dogs?

Side note: I have a PS3 and want to get watch dogs, but just haven't made the leap to PS4 yet.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Steadying

Aside from graphics and frame rate, I don't see why there would be any differences. I don't think they've ever actually talked about the last gen versions, though, so who knows.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game is functionally the same, just graphical differences.

BeardDuder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@chance_s I believe there was some talk about the multiplayer features being more restricted on last-gen consoles, but otherwise there shouldn't be any differences.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I think the current-gen versions feature denser crowds, but beyond that I haven't heard of any practical differences.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By kedi2

I remember hearing something about the last gen versions not having some of the multiplayer modes that are in the current gen versions.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Since it's a Ubisoft game, the framerate on last gen consoles will probably be jerky and it won't look anywhere near as good as the PC or current gen versions. Other ancillary things will probably be gone to make it easier on the CPU - smaller crowds, less cars, that sort of thing.

You'll probably be fine buying the last gen version. If you're sensitive to framerate issues, something which Ubisoft has had a track record of these last few years, you might want to hold off. Otherwise it's probably just fine.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wait a few years. A bunch of games have to release on old gen and that doesnt help advance tech much. Its fun to just say publishers should just ignore old gen and just focus on nextgen, but AAAs need to release on both to even survive.