My return to WOTLK classic has been fraught with nothing but chaos

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hi all,

Recently, I wanted to go back to playing WoW. I needed a chill, relaxing game to play at night and after work on the weekends, and WoW is familiar as anything.

I bought a sub, downloaded the game, and got into it. I started a N.Elf Hunter and was kinda enjoying it. Then I thought to myself:

"Wait a minute, I started playing WoW Classic a few years ago, surely I have some characters that already exist", but when I looked, I had nothing there.

I sent a ticket to a GM in the random hope that I MIGHT have something. 2 days later, I get a reply saying I DID have some characters.

He restored them, and it turns out I had....a N.Elf Hunter. Exact same spec as my new one, exact same professions, but 10 levels higher. Even the character creator- I made them the SPITTING IMAGE, except the hair was a diff colour.

So all that time I spent levelling up the new char was basically wasted.

But wait, it gets even better:

It turns out I had a paladin restored aswell, that was already level 50. As someone that didn't really want to go through Vanilla content for the hundredth time, that was amazing. I restored him, did a look for a levelling guide, all that good stuff, and planned to "main him" going forward.

I wondered, after a while, why I wasn't getting any groups however, or why the LFG chat was so quiet...

Turns out the realm that the GM restore my characters onto?

10,000 Horde vs 300 Alliance. I was Alliance.

I just said "Fuck this" and bought a faction transfer.

I suspect I'll come back to this thread next week to say I got retroactively banned for buying gold back in 2004, but watch this space!

Mechanized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Always gotta check the realm pop and faction split before making a character. A lesson we all learn too late.