• 62 results
#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3790 posts) -

That's fucking awesome! Its totally a short video-thing, and that home-screen thing isn't finished. But still, cool.

Where's messages?

Edit: I just realized it has pins, on the controller's home screen. Ahhh, I love pins! So cool! That's like shortcuts to everything, I'm thinking..

#2 Edited by RuthLoose (836 posts) -

Only Microsoft devs would create an XBLive tag of MSTycoon.

#3 Edited by cloudnineboya (845 posts) -

Not trying to be a dick, but what am i missing i mean what's so awesome?The elephant i suppose, elephants are awesome.EDIT Ok i have rewatched and is what's happening is ingame then popping out to home menu, if so that is awesome how snappy it is.

#4 Posted by ez123 (1997 posts) -

Only Microsoft devs would create and XBLive tag of MSTycoon.

It's probably a one-off tag for the purposes of displaying the game(the game being ZOO TYCOON).

#5 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4495 posts) -

Not trying to be a dick, but what am i missing i mean what's so awesome?The elephant i suppose, elephants are awesome.

It's pretty awesome if you only played on those old consoles because all that's going through my mind is about goddamn time the console UI interfaces are actually fast again.

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Holy shit is that fast.

#7 Posted by JasonR86 (9728 posts) -

@cloudnineboya said:

Not trying to be a dick, but what am i missing i mean what's so awesome?The elephant i suppose, elephants are awesome.

It's pretty awesome if you only played on those old consoles because all that's going through my mind is about goddamn time the console UI interfaces are actually fast again.

The speed is the only cool about that whole video.

#8 Edited by KittyVonDoom (445 posts) -

Just imagine how slow that'll be in 5 years.

#9 Posted by MonetaryDread (2178 posts) -

I am definitely a fan of the Xbox One interface design. The whole presentation just seems like it is as painless as possible. One of my biggest complaints with the 360 was how easy it was to hit the guide button, because the sluggishness of the UI made accidental presses a five to ten second interruption in the game.

#12 Posted by Hunter5024 (5968 posts) -

That's pretty damn cool.

#13 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -

Just imagine how slow that'll be 5 years.

I hope we come full circle and the final iteration of the Xbox Dashboard is the slides/slices.

#14 Edited by BigJeffrey (5186 posts) -

Fast As Fuck, i like it.

#15 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

They deceived me...

#16 Posted by Deadmanforking (579 posts) -

I'm really gonna miss the 5 hours it takes to do stuff on the current 360 dashboard.

#17 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

within three months the Xbox one UI will be fucking slow.

#18 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Seems pretty snazzy.

#19 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

That's nice and snappy. It's really high time for these new boxes.

#20 Posted by Syed117 (391 posts) -

That seems ridiculously fast. Was not expecting it to snap that quickly.

#21 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

So hit once to make small hit again to get back in the action!

#22 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1174 posts) -

Doesn't automatically pause the game. Not awesome.

#23 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

#24 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Doesn't automatically pause the game. Not awesome.

Not all games pause devs gotta put it in. 90% do it but not all.

#25 Edited by OurSin_360 (947 posts) -

I hate that terrible Win8 looking UI

#26 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3906 posts) -

That giant space on the right side of the screen when you first pull up the guide? Anyone have any guesses what that area is going to be used for?

#27 Posted by Korwin (3034 posts) -

The hell are they running there? Is that some horrible MS version of Home?

#28 Posted by Disaya (290 posts) -

That looks pretty great and fast.

#29 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@korwin said:

The hell are they running there? Is that some horrible MS version of Home?

Zoo Tycoon.

#30 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4824 posts) -

I'm not really a fan of the interface. It's not bad by any means whatsoever, the design just doesn't appeal to me. However, it's fucking fast as shit and that's awesome.

#31 Posted by EXTomar (4951 posts) -

Isn't "reasonable response time" supposed to be something expected instead of a surprise?

#32 Posted by BigJeffrey (5186 posts) -

Shift+Tab = 2 Buttons

Xbox One Guide Button = 1 Button

Xbox One > Steam

#34 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2615 posts) -

Yeezus

#35 Posted by abara (229 posts) -
@extomar said:

Isn't "reasonable response time" supposed to be something expected instead of a surprise?

I see you're new to console gaming

#36 Posted by Syed117 (391 posts) -

That old article about Sony fans being worst really proves itself to be true in every single thread on this forum.

Oh well.

Glad the OS responds that quickly in an unfinished version. Hopefully everything will be smooth in the final version. Definitely want to know how accessing messages will work. It should stay the same as the 360. All messages should open directly if you press the guide button while the notification is still on this screen. Just want an easy way to get to all that information. Like pressing the guide button now pulls up the small menu with friends list and messages. Shouldn't have to scroll through the dashboard to find friends or messages.

The snap feature seems really cool. Very slick.

Pulling up the dashboard and pausing the game has nothing to do with Microsoft. That depends on the developer to program their game to react that way.

#37 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@syed117 said:

That old article about Sony fans being worst really proves itself to be true in every single thread on this forum.

Oh well.

Glad the OS responds that quickly in an unfinished version. Hopefully everything will be smooth in the final version. Definitely want to know how accessing messages will work. It should stay the same as the 360. All messages should open directly if you press the guide button while the notification is still on this screen. Just want an easy way to get to all that information. Like pressing the guide button now pulls up the small menu with friends list and messages. Shouldn't have to scroll through the dashboard to find friends or messages.

The snap feature seems really cool. Very slick.

Pulling up the dashboard and pausing the game has nothing to do with Microsoft. That depends on the developer to program their game to react that way.

I played something recently that did not pause when I hit the guide button and it caused me to die.

#38 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1203 posts) -

Shift+Tab = 2 Buttons

Xbox One > Steam

You can set it to one button if you'd like.

#39 Posted by Khann (2914 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: The joy of PC is that decent programs allow you to bind whatever you like. You could have a big button on your wall that you headbutt to bring up the Steam overlay if you wanted.

#40 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3790 posts) -

The eSRAM doo-hickey might help this stuff be pretty snappy. Looks purdy.

#41 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

The eSRAM doo-hickey might help this stuff be pretty snappy. Looks purdy.

XBox One SOC has a CPU, GPU, and 15 special-purpose processors. Total of 47MB of storage on-chip

At 363mm2 with over 5b transistors the Xbox One SoC designed by Microsoft and AMD is a very complex SoC

Audio offload processor in XBox One SoC are "completely designed by Microsoft" and have "more than a CPU core worth of processing

XBox One CPU has eight "modified" AMD Jaguar x86-64 cores, in two clusters of four cores. Modifiations to memory sharing & bandwidth

#42 Posted by MrCaptain (369 posts) -

@bigjeffrey said:

Shift+Tab = 2 Buttons

Xbox One > Steam

You can set it to one button if you'd like.

I know your post was a joke, but:

If you press the Guide button on a xbox controller it will launch the home screen in steam too ...

#43 Edited by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

So fluid! That's probably all those in-tandem OSes at work.

#44 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3790 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

#45 Posted by StarvingGamer (8558 posts) -

So it's like Steam but slower?

#46 Posted by Levio (1786 posts) -

That giant space on the right side of the screen when you first pull up the guide? Anyone have any guesses what that area is going to be used for?

That's the place where you sell a piece of your soul to Microsoft. Well, I say "sell", but you don't really get anything in return...

#47 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@levio said:

@spaceinsomniac said:

That's the place where you sell a piece of your soul to Microsoft. Well, I say "sell", but you don't really get anything in return...

Yah, thats my guess too. At least until next year and they redesign the console so they can just advertise in the top right corner.

#48 Edited by Ben_H (3439 posts) -

Just imagine how slow it will be once they cram it full of ads.

#49 Edited by ch3burashka (5256 posts) -

Only Microsoft devs would create an XBLive tag of MSTycoon.

So insensitive of them, to make fun of people with multiple sclerosis...

#50 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

Who knew that all the Xbox needed was css functionality. Welcome to 1998.