Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Full House Poker

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 16, 2011

A downloadable Texas hold'em poker game for the Xbox 360 and Windows Phone 7 featuring Xbox Avatars, online multiplayer for up to 10 players per table, and cross-platform persistent stats.

Just played a game of Texas Heat.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By recroulette

Was pretty fun up until some guy just did nothing for the last 5 minutes til time ran out. 

Pretty lame stuff, I had two pair, and the only way I could've lost was if someone had a pocket pair higher than 9's

Iron_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Iron_Past

That's okay, I had just got to the triple diamond table, about middle for ranking, and then had a 'network error' that booted me from the game with <10 minutes left. I always give the benefit of the doubt for new games' network stuff, but I'm still holding off on Texas Heat till next week-end. Too much time to get booted with nothing.
    beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#3  Edited By beard_of_zeus

Yeah, seems like there are some issues with the Texas Heat stuff, for sure. I have definitely seen some timer abuse, occasionally I end up at tables with all AI players (which is no fun), and the worst is when I keep getting rank -1 (which is clearly some bug/glitch) when it calculates what medal I should get based on experienced earned.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By trace

The Rank -1 glitch aggravates me to no end because it's almost certainly preventing me from getting two of the three season achievements for Texas Heat. I do not want to miss out on those just because my best performances were during the early glitch days.

Also, the only thing worse than having a table freeze on you is having a table freeze on your turn. There was literally nothing I could do to get the game to accept my call -- it just remained stagnant. I haven't seen a room turn on me so quickly since the days of Freeburn Challenges in Burnout Paradise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PsEG said:
    " The Rank -1 glitch aggravates me to no end because it's almost certainly preventing me from getting two of the three season achievements for Texas Heat. I do not want to miss out on those just because my best performances were during the early glitch days.

Also, the only thing worse than having a table freeze on you is having a table freeze on your turn. There was literally nothing I could do to get the game to accept my call -- it just remained stagnant. I haven't seen a room turn on me so quickly since the days of Freeburn Challenges in Burnout Paradise. "
    Yeah that issue is really frustrating I was reading on the XBL forums that a lot of people said that issue was even in beta which disappointed me more. I only played 3 episodes placed first twice and second one. Over all it was nice to playing with a huge amount of chips etc. The only downfall is in my table I had maybe 2 people the rest where CPU bots. That just completely ruined the experience for me personally how can 13K+ users be playing the Texas heat but 95% of the room still gets populated by bots.
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Lukeweizer

I'm not a fan of the show. There's hardly any time to play some real cards, since all you're trying to do is XP and not chips. I was also only paired with AI the 2 episodes I played. Just seems like a crap shoot. I'd rather just play a 30 person tourney.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By buft

i keep missing the damn tournaments because the missus watches the soaps during that time :( but so far the multiplayer that i have played seems to be working fine.

Superdude201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Superdude201
    @Jmangino said:
    "The only downfall is in my table I had maybe 2 people the rest where CPU bots. That just completely ruined the experience for me personally how can 13K+ users be playing the Texas heat but 95% of the room still gets populated by bots. "
    Yeah, i had that exact same problem, there was supposed to be 14,000+ users taking part and there was one other real life guy on my table. Also the -1 ranking glitch is a bummer. Once they get stuff sorted it looks like it would be really fun though. That's as long as they are actually going to bother fixing stuff, cause if there were known problems in the beta and they haven't been fixed before release, that doesn't really give me much hope at all.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Superdude201 said:
    " @Jmangino said:
    "The only downfall is in my table I had maybe 2 people the rest where CPU bots. That just completely ruined the experience for me personally how can 13K+ users be playing the Texas heat but 95% of the room still gets populated by bots. "
    Yeah, i had that exact same problem, there was supposed to be 14,000+ users taking part and there was one other real life guy on my table. Also the -1 ranking glitch is a bummer. Once they get stuff sorted it looks like it would be really fun though. That's as long as they are actually going to bother fixing stuff, cause if there were known problems in the beta and they haven't been fixed before release, that doesn't really give me much hope at all. "
    I agree game has a lot of potential to be a ton more fun if they fixed some of these multiplayer issues. Last Saturday I would rank my Texas Heat experience around the 8/10 tonights close to 4/10. I was actually able to get into players lobbies tonight, however It said network issue with Texas Heat servers. It kicked me then when I went back into TH I was on the double diamond table after being second chip leader on Tripple diamonds. After 3 episodes I was only able to successfully play 1 which that time was populated by 7/10 AI.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.