Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game Dev Story

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 09, 1997

A game company simulation game for iPhone OS, Android, and PC by Japanese studio Kairosoft.

Game Dev Story on MyTouch3G?

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I have a myTouch 3g and have become very wary of buying games on it because of how sluggish it is. Has anyone played Game Dev Story on their myTouch (not the slide version)? If so, how does it run? I really want to play the game and rather have the experience be fun and not frustrating. Thanks!

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By stinky

whats a myTouch?

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fwylo
    @zombienutz: I've been playing it nonstop on my Nexus One.  I can't say anything about the myTouch specifically, but I notice it doesn't seem to use much CPU power at all when running.  So that being said Im sure it would run smoother than any high demand games.  Have any examples of things you've bought that lag?
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fwylo:  I have deleted most games from my phone, but I still have a few. I have Angry Birds on it, and that runs very slow most the time (but I expected that). Angry Birds takes a long time to load; it will run smoothly while dragging the bird back and when it shoots, but as soon as it hits anything, the clip show begins. I have a game called Jewels (Bejeweled clone). It does fine until I have a large combo go off. I also have Bistro Cook on there and it runs without a hitch. 
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fwylo
    @zombienutz: checking out your specs (600 mhz and 512 MB of ram) its hard to tell how well you'd run it.  It loads in about one second on my N1 and other than that it is super smooth.  A game like angry birds can cause my mother board to start putting out a little heat but I get absolutely nothing out of Game Dev.  The only time I could see it lagging up for you might be at the change between some months when it has to bring up the game awards and game conference.  But other than that it seems like a low resource game.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It doesn't seem like this game would take much at all to run it. Haha. Works fine on my iPhone 4. :-)

BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fwylo: Thanks for the information! I'll give it a shot.
    Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gonmog

Yeah seeing as there is not much game play in the game...anyways, not much going on screen other then numbers popping up, it should work fine. sorry.  
    EDIT, BTW, dont feel bad about buying games that wont run on that phone, when you upgrade to a newer better android phone the games carry over.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman

I have it and it seems to run fine. Although, I haven't played it a ton since I've found it hard to get into. 

note: I have the 1.2 version with more RAM.

ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By ribeye

i have an iPhone 3G which only has 128 megs of ram and it ran great. that game fucked me up, for real haha. i had to uninstall it, i was playing it everywhere and i do mean everywhere. let's just say this bit of human excellence has nothing on Game Dev Story. that's 9 days of my life that i'll NEVER get back....and it was awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.