Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 02, 2014

Based on the epic-fantasy television series of the same name, Game of Thrones is an episodic adventure game that tells the story of House Forrester, whose fate is threatened by the War of the Five Kings.

What do you think about this game? (no spoilers)

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

I have played the first two episodes, and I wanted to share my thoughts. I really enjoyed The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2, and I was surprised that it didn't have the same problem the television series had - one predicament after the next. The TV show tried to shake things up and keep me on my toes but ironically made everything feel pointless as a result of all the 'surprises'. I also enjoyed The Wolf Among Us. It had that intrigue that a good mystery story has. It doesn't really matter how predictable it was as long as it is told well. I liked the characters and the atmosphere.

Now with Game of Thrones, I am torn. I tried grabbing onto something in this series, but so far I'm just reaching for something that doesn't appear to be there. The characters are introduced and moved along the plot so quickly that I don't have time to care. Some of them feel way too similar to the characters from the show which, unfortunately, is more of a detriment to the game rather than a positive. The political and social class problems are typical for a Game of Thrones story, but none of it is really hitting loudly enough to wake me from my blank stare I've seemed to have developed during the first episode.

So, what is the general consensus here? I would comment on the action parts of the game and how annoying they are, but I feel that the writing is more important as I am surprised I'm not eager to get through the action for the story's sake as I hoped I would be. Do you guys like this series? Does it get better?

I don't mind disagreements or differing opinions as long as it is civil and spoilers are properly masked.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ever since I was heavily disappointed by TWD S2 I've just watched playthroughs of these games on Youtube instead of playing them myself. I don't feel like I've missed out at all by doing it this way.

It's not that this game is particularly bad, it's just that it's the same exact game Telltale makes every single time but with a Game of Thrones skin thrown on top of it. The illusion of choice seems worse than ever as well, with plot armour characters jumping in and messing things up a few too many times, as well as some dialogue choices that result in game overs. Personally, I'm just fatigued with these games and how obvious and samey everything has become, and the characters and situations in this aren't interesting enough to make up for it.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By huntad

@petiew: Oh, I forgot about the problem with the illusion of choice in this game. I don't have issue with what actually happens in the game, but the scene direction and glitches really detract from this more than any other TT game. There would be times where I would question what the hell just happened because I would choose to agree with someone, and they would smile, and then immediately cut to them pissed beyond belief due to an earlier disagreement. It's like my choice didn't matter because the scene direction says that this scene is just throwaway and that scene is the one that matters.

This has been a problem with all TT games, granted, but it just seems worse this time. This problem with choice has happened two times now over the course of two episodes... not good.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I enjoy it, can't wait to play the last episode. Having only paid like 5 bucks or whatever it was during the last Steam sale probably improves my opinion of the experience.

The only thing that really stuck out to me as something I dislike about the game is how they handled (Episode 3-5 spoiler) the identity of the traitor to House Forrester.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.