Did Epic Ditch Horde Mode?

#1 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Horde is by far my favorite Gears of War Mode. Does anyone know if it's returning in GoW3? 

Also, tell me what Epic should change to make Horde Mode even better. Personally, I would like to see 10-player Horde Mode.
#2 Posted by GoonerGod (38 posts) -

Horde mode is still in there plus beast mode where you play as the locust and can eventually be a berserker :) 

#3 Edited by GunstarRed (5174 posts) -

No way they'd ditch it, and theres the Locust-Horde mode now...called Beast.

You can still get into full Horde matches in Gears 2 at almost any time of the day still so I assume It's still pretty popular. There would be no real reason to remove something that helps people play online that can't cope with the competitive side of things.

#4 Edited by Yummylee (21615 posts) -

Yeah Horde mode'll be in there. There'll also have a Beast mode where you play as the Locust fighting off the COG's.

EDIT: yeah.. what they said ;P
#5 Posted by ALMIGHTYCHEEKS (71 posts) -

they have no reason to remove it. it was probably the most popular feature in gears 2. they even have "beast" mode which is pretty much horde but playing as the locust.

#6 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1365 posts) -

I'd be very happy to see it return.
#7 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

They never said it wasn't coming back. Ten player horde would be cool but I'm going to guess it's the typical 5 player deal. The new horde related stuff is the beast mode.

#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@Abyssfull: @GoonerGod: @marioncobretti: @ALMIGHTYCHEEKS: Thanks, guys. Beast mode sounds interesting.
#9 Posted by xCharlieSheen (75 posts) -

Just the fact that players can swap weapons and give each other ammo, will make Horde more enjoyable. It seems though with the digger launcher, sawed-off shotty, retro lancer, and a couple other of the newer powerful weapons. Might be able to just plow right through the waves of locust. I want to see a lot of achievements tied to the horde/beast modes. Plus an equal amount of stats, perks , and upgrades in horde that are in the regular multiplayer.

#10 Edited by ProfessorEss (7362 posts) -
@Axxol said:

" Horde is by far my favorite Gears of War Mode."

Mine too. Awesome that they not only kept it, but made more of it.
There's no way they would remove such a big selling feature.

@xCharlieSheen said:
" Just the fact that players can swap weapons and give each other ammo, will make Horde more enjoyable.
Yeah that's awesome.
#11 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

no they qadded to it you can now play as the locust in beast mode
#12 Posted by big_jon (5726 posts) -
@GoonerGod said:
" Horde mode is still in there plus beast mode where you play as the locust and can eventually be a berserker :)  "
Badass.
#13 Posted by President_Barackbar (3462 posts) -

I don't see why it wouldn't come back, I personally don't like most wave-based survival mode games anyways.

#14 Posted by ShaggE (6452 posts) -

Can't wait to dig into the new Horde mode. I love listening to the Bombcast while repeatedly failing at one-man Horde. 

#15 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@ShaggE said:
" Can't wait to dig into the new Horde mode. I love listening to the Bombcast while repeatedly failing at one-man Horde.  "
One-man Horde is frustrating, but entertaining.
#16 Posted by ShaggE (6452 posts) -
@Axxol: Most certainly. It's fun experimenting with maps to see which one makes whatever wave I'm stuck on at the mo' easier. Even though I don't much care for competitive Gears, it makes having the All Fronts Pack very much worth it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.