Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Gears of War 3 Versus Booster Map Pack [Nov. 24th]

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By intro

The Horde Command Pack is currently out for download, featuring 3 new maps horde upgrades/features, 3 characters and a weapon skin.

However, the three maps can't be played online in competitive matches (Public/Ranked) due to a dedicated server issue.

These 3 maps will be playable on Nov. 24th as well two new maps (FREE) from Gears 1. Clocktower and Swamp.

Swamp wasn't any name of a map in Gears 1, so I'm assuming they mean Bullet Marsh (It closely resembles a swamp) and just renamed it.

Source: http://www.360sync.com/2011/11/01/free-multiplayer-maps-coming-to-gears-of-war-3-on-thanksgiving-day

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By ez123

(FREE) should have really been in the title, lol. This is awesome! Big props to Epic, I sure as hell know MS didn't make this free.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By intro

@ez123 said:

(FREE) should have really been in the title, lol. This is awesome! Big props to Epic, I sure as hell know MS didn't make this free.

Haha, yes I guess so. Yeah, it was nice of Epic. They had free DLC in Gears 1 once before, MS didn't like it too much :p.

I think it's hard to ship maps for free when MS is publishing your game lol, Epic did it again though. So +1 to them.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By brownsfantb

@OtakuGamer: I don't think the Horde maps from today's pack will be free, they'll just be playable online then. The two maps from Gears 1 are the free items.

I could be wrong though.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By ez123

@OtakuGamer: The weapon skins are on the disk too, didn't stop them charging for that. I'm just happy to get 5 free new maps, your situation sucks but it has always been pricey to be an early adopter.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WalkerTR77

@OtakuGamer said:

@ez123 said:

No. Fuck Epic. I brought this shit an hour ago to find out the main content is going to be free in 3 weeks from now. What the fuck is that about? 800msp for 3 characters, some horde upgrades that I can't obtain yet and a weapon skin?

Heck, people who don't have it can play it anyway since its on the disk. 1.42mb download for new content.

Same here. I do want the rest of the DLC as well, but if it's the same story (where I could have just played it the way I wanted in public versus) with those then I shall feel sorely ripped off. To be honest, map packs that you can only play in private matches or by the luck of the draw in public horde are fucking useless to me.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By intro

You guys realize now those maps will be more accessible online now? Instead of never being able to play the new maps because people didn't buy them. Plus they can't get the achievements.

I bought it too.

Basically you guys wanted to get them for free, but never play on them. Is it worth it?

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bwheeeler

I bought the Season Pass to get versus maps, and that's about it. If the maps are being given away for free, then I essentially wasted my money on things I won't use.

This just emphasizes the issues with a Season Pass - I'll think twice about buying one before I know exactly what's in it.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By intro

@MagikOvenMit said:

I'll think twice about buying one before I know exactly what's in it.

Isn't that obvious when buying anything?

Oh well, I'm glad I made my purchase. Although I completely see where you guys are coming from and why you're mad. I still get the other 3 DLC's too and don't have to worry about being able to play the maps online because 1 other person in the match didn't have them.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Afroman269

Clocktower and the possible Bullet Marsh maps? Fuck. Yes. I'm not surprised that the horde maps are being moved to competitive multiplayer.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Vanek

@MagikOvenMit said:

I bought the Season Pass to get versus maps, and that's about it. If the maps are being given away for free, then I essentially wasted my money on things I won't use.

This just emphasizes the issues with a Season Pass - I'll think twice about buying one before I know exactly what's in it.

This.

I only bought the damn season pass for maps and they end up giving them away for free. I don't care about the skins, achievements or Horde "upgrades" and more annoyingly is it's already on the disc.

I took a gamble with the season pass and lost out badly. Won't be buying one again.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@OtakuGamer said:

@ez123 said:

No. Fuck Epic. I brought this shit an hour ago to find out the main content is going to be free in 3 weeks from now. What the fuck is that about? 800msp for 3 characters, some horde upgrades that I can't obtain yet and a weapon skin?

Heck, people who don't have it can play it anyway since its on the disk. 1.42mb download for new content.

Just a way of tricking people into buying it. Obviously nobody would pay $10 for the characters, upgrades, and skins. Solution? Lie and say the maps are part of the dlc, then when launch comes and everyone buys it, announce it'll be free with two other maps on Thanksgiving. Fucking Microsoft.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By intro

@Afroman269 said:

Clocktower and the possible Bullet Marsh maps? Fuck. Yes. I'm not surprised that the horde maps are being moved to competitive multiplayer.

They confirmed that it is in fact Bullet Marsh with Kryll in the map like before.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Afroman269

@Intro said:

@Afroman269 said:

They confirmed that it is in fact Bullet Marsh with Kryll in the map like before.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Moody_yeti

I really do like bullet marsh from gears 1 so i hope thats what swamp is :3

all i need now is the process map :D.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Afroman269 said:

I can't remember Bullet Marsh (Was that a DLC map?) but Clock Tower was good fun. Stoked for this.

And yeah, I can't see them building Blood Drive and then not putting that as a VS map. Wasn't 90% (or something) of the online multiplayer in Gears 2 played on that map?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Afroman269

@Sweep: Ya, it was from the second map pack that EPIC put out with the maps Process and Garden. I liked the map because of the Krill element and being able to shoot out the generators.

Also I enjoyed doing this a lot.

davidinwrofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By davidinwrofy

Ultimately this is very good news. Versus mode will be invigorated with 5 new maps. We also get more maps to play in in Horde and Beast. For those that us that bought the Season pass and now aren't getting quite as much for our money as we thought...well, hey, the sums of money involved aren't huge so it's no big deal. We still get a decent amount of stuff that people who only buy the Booster pack won't get: achievements, Horde upgrades, characters and weapon skins are a pretty big part of the Gears experience and something the die hard fans will get something out of.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Afroman269

@davidinwrofy: What are you talking about not getting as much content for what we payed? There's still the single player DLC that's coming in December. This versus thing doesn't count as a DLC pack towards the season pass because it's free for everybody. There's still another piece of content yet to be announced.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By intro

We still get a deal in the end anyway...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.