Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Trending topic #GreedofWar3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for s0mewh4td4m4ged
    S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Gears 3 was my #1 game that I was looking forward to.  Now because Microsoft thinks they can get extra money out of it they are going to delay it until Fall.  Honestly Microsoft has no other big exclusives and Sony has quiet a few.  They need something for the holiday season (microsoft with the $ is still true today).  It may also be part of Epics decision as well not to release in the same time frame as Bulletstorm.   We all know Gears 3 sales will blow Bulletstorm and every other title around that time away.  

Look at the competition in Spring.  (LittleBigPlanet 2, Dead Space 2, Portal 2, Killzone 3, Dragon Age II)  Really nothing to compete with; Gears 3 would dominate Spring, Microsoft and Epic need to both realize that.  It won't make any more money in the Fall then it would have in the Spring, possibly less.  Gamers make there purchases all year.  

Now with it being pushed to Fall it will have a lot more competition. (The next Call of Duty game, Rage, Duke Nukem Forever, possibly Battlefield 3, Diablo III, Uncharted 3, and Max Payne 3 to name a few)  I for one will still purchase the game but I am very upset about the delay.  

What is really going to piss everyone off is if they release Gears 3 with bugs or a laggy multiplayer just like Gears 2.  I am interested to see what is going to be the "silver lining" next week is going to be.  If they just show off the versus mulitplayer and expect that alone will make everyone happy they have another thing coming.  I want to see a beta, demo, dedicated servers, or something and some awesome marketing (Gears merchandise, awesome collectors edition, the works).   

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Potter9156

After the disaster that was Gears 2, any delay for 3 is a good delay. 

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Fallen189

I dont get it 

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

...if GOW3 has shit for online, I will never buy an Epic game again. They slapped me with UT3 and GOW2, but I swear to god GOW3 better not be fucking broken.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MikkaQ

Haha greed of war 3, that's so funny and clever, I'm gonna put it in all my tweets now. Yeah.

Godot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Godot
    @S0mewh4tD4m4ged said:
    " Was looking forward to Gears of War 3 more than any game... Now micro$oft has delayed all the fun. #GreedofWar3 "
    Dude. Three posts does not equal a trending topic. Also, I think you're super edgy because you put a dollar sign in Microsoft. STICK IT TO THE MAN BRO. FUCK THOSE GUYS WANTING TO MAKE IT BETTER BY DELAYING IT. 

Self-entitlement at it's finest, ladies and gentlemen.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @KaosAngel said:
    " ...if GOW3 has shit for online, I will never buy an Epic game again. They slapped me with UT3 and GOW2, but I swear to god GOW3 better not be fucking broken. "
    I'm in the same boat. They screw up GOW3's multiplayer and I'm done with Epic.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Animasta
    @S0mewh4tD4m4ged said:

" Was looking forward to Gears of War 3 more than any game... Now micro$oft has delayed all the fun. #GreedofWar3 "

HAHA YEAH BRO, MICRO$OFT SUPER COOL MAN

edit: I would play a game called greed of war
    Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Malakhii

It's alright now you can enjoy all the games pushed back into early 2011. This stuff happens all the time man, don't get your panties in a bunch. 

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Raymayne
    @Potter9156 said:
    " After the disaster that was Gears 2, any delay for 3 is a good delay.  "
    ahahahahaha...oh wait, were...were you serious?
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By trace
    @Godot said:
    " Dude. Three posts does not equal a trending topic. "
    I was thinking this might have been hyperbole, but nope, it's perfectly accurate. There's only two tweets about this (with one retweet), and to no surprise, one's from the OP.

Sparse use of a hashtag does not a trending topic make. Cries of corporate greed over a game delay aren't going to be heard or supported by gaming communities that generally associate premature releases with greed, either. Finally, replacing the 's' in Microsoft's name with a dollar sign was old and tired back in the Windows 95 days, and only makes your complaint look sillier.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

So, I'm meant to believe that Gears of War 3 was going to be perfectly completed by April but Microsoft decided to keep it shelved for another 8 months because they're greedy? Those ba$tards, right?

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By benjaebe

Why is delaying a game greedy? They want to move as many units as they can and a Fall release window is usually a hot time of year.

Besides, it'll give them even more time to polish it or add some things.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Enigma777

You know what they say: A delay is temporary, a s****y game is forever.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @S0mewh4tD4m4ged said:
    Stop crying. Its not a Trending topic. Just wait for your game to come out. Lots of games are delayed. Dont go and cry about it. 
    Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Potter9156
    @Raymayne said:
    " @Potter9156 said:
    " After the disaster that was Gears 2, any delay for 3 is a good delay.  "
    ahahahahaha...oh wait, were...were you serious?
    "
    The online was, and in many ways is still a mess. Virtually unplayable at launch, and still broken in many ways even after TU6. I would know, I play GOW2 almost everyday.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By JJWeatherman

I don't see this ending well.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Gears of War is still a thing?

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By trace
    @S0mewh4tD4m4ged said:
    " Its funny how you can make a post and get completely bashed for your opinion. "
    When you don't elaborate on your thoughts and instead rely on petty and childish insults like "Greed of War" and "Micro$oft" to get your point across, you can expect to get completely bashed for a shallow opinion. You might have had more success forgoing those insults and taking the time to type a lengthier explanation like you did a few hours ago.

To me, the competition you've named for Spring and Fall look rather similar, even if there's more potential FPS games in the Fall. I also don't believe this is entirely about business like Microsoft and Epic claim so much as it is taking the time to make sure there's no major issues or fiascoes like the ones that seemed to dog Gears 2. Plus, the Fall releases certainly have plenty more time to be delayed due to development issues or whatever, which would only benefit Gears 3 and a solid marketing campaign.

You are right in that major problems or bugs in Gears 3 will cause an outcry, but I'm not sure it'll be any different than if there were bugs during the original Spring release (save for people using the delay as rationale for their intense vitriol/frustration).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.