Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Who else bought Bulletstorm just for the Gears beta?

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By Duke_Lion

So I went out and spent 60 bucks just to get into the Gears 3 beta...  I was mildly interested in Bulletstorm but was torn between it and Killzone 3 so I decided to just not get either and continue playing Starcraft II.  But when I found out that exclusive shit would be awarded to players in the beta I just had to go out and get it so that I am gaurenteed access to the gears beta!  I also got my moneys worth sense Best Buy has a deal where if you buy the epic edition you get the Gears of War triple pack for 5 bucks. 

Bulletstorm looks like an alright enough game and I love how over the top it looks.  I just don't care much for the repetitive just better your own personal score gameplay.  But if I decide to open it before April maybe I will be impressed.  Anyone else pick up the game mainly for the Gears beta?

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Duke_Lion

So I went out and spent 60 bucks just to get into the Gears 3 beta...  I was mildly interested in Bulletstorm but was torn between it and Killzone 3 so I decided to just not get either and continue playing Starcraft II.  But when I found out that exclusive shit would be awarded to players in the beta I just had to go out and get it so that I am gaurenteed access to the gears beta!  I also got my moneys worth sense Best Buy has a deal where if you buy the epic edition you get the Gears of War triple pack for 5 bucks. 

Bulletstorm looks like an alright enough game and I love how over the top it looks.  I just don't care much for the repetitive just better your own personal score gameplay.  But if I decide to open it before April maybe I will be impressed.  Anyone else pick up the game mainly for the Gears beta?

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

Nah don't think i will.  Gears 3 beta doesn't interest me either.  I usually only play Gears games for the single player campaign.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By cornbredx

I did not. I don't think I'll even be playing the Gears Demo (its not a beta, it's a demo that pretends to be a beta).

I am interested in Gears 3, but i can wait til it comes out. That  being said I bought Bulletstorm to play Bulletstorm and I'm having a blast with it.
    =)

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By l4wd0g

I bought it because I loved the Pain Killer games. Now with more dicktits

stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By stafax

Judging by your spending habbits, you're probably going to pick up the special edition of Gears 3, which will probably cost $120 or more.  Considering you spent $60 on this game just for Gears 3 beta access, which will only last about a month, you already made up your mind that you want to buy Gears 3.  You spent $60 for what's essentially a demo of a game that you already know you're going to buy.  So you're going to spend $180 on just Gears 3 (beta + special edition).  Think about that for a second and let it settle on your mind.  It's your money, you can do whatever you want with it, but is it really worth that much for one game?

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By ssj4raditz

I bought it because it looks fun. I may not even play the beta when it starts.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Sambambo
    @stafax
    Judging by your spending habbits, you're probably going to pick up the special edition of Gears 3, which will probably cost $120 or more.  Considering you spent $60 on this game just for Gears 3 beta access, which will only last about a month, you already made up your mind that you want to buy Gears 3.  You spent $60 for what's essentially a demo of a game that you already know you're going to buy.  So you're going to spend $180 on just Gears 3 (beta + special edition).  Think about that for a second and let it settle on your mind.  It's your money, you can do whatever you want with it, but is it really worth that much for one game?
    Yes.
    Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Duke_Lion
    @stafax said:
    " Judging by your spending habbits, you're probably going to pick up the special edition of Gears 3, which will probably cost $120 or more.  Considering you spent $60 on this game just for Gears 3 beta access, which will only last about a month, you already made up your mind that you want to buy Gears 3.  You spent $60 for what's essentially a demo of a game that you already know you're going to buy.  So you're going to spend $180 on just Gears 3 (beta + special edition).  Think about that for a second and let it settle on your mind.  It's your money, you can do whatever you want with it, but is it really worth that much for one game? "
    It honestly depends on whats in the collectors edition.  Most CE's are full of crap while some come with really neat stuff. We will just have to see.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Skytylz

I got the best deal ever, a friend without broadband internet bought bulletstorm and said he would let me borrow it and use his beta code during the gears beta!

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By onyxghost

Yeah, totally just did that. The game itself is growing on me. It's better than crackdown was for Halo.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By napalm

I bought a game to play the actual game - crazy, I know!

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By benjaebe

I'm tempted. Bulletstorm seems pretty great anyway. Hell, I bought Crackdown for the Halo 3 beta and that ended up being one of my favorite 360 games.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By ESREVER

No way man. Gears does not have a fun competitive multiplayer. Horde was great fun, but anything other than that was worthless. 
    I play Gears for the campaign/co-op. 

It also doesn't help that I have 0 interest in getting Bulletstorm. I'm watching a LP of it, and I'm so glad I didn't fall for all that hype and marketing.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Lemmycaution217

It was 50/50 for me. I really wanted the Gears 3 beta but after playing the demo for bulletstorm, I was definitely sold. And it didn't hurt that I had promo credit on amazon. :P

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Not worth it imo. 
    stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By stafax
    @Duke_Lion said:
    " @stafax said:
    " Judging by your spending habbits, you're probably going to pick up the special edition of Gears 3, which will probably cost $120 or more.  Considering you spent $60 on this game just for Gears 3 beta access, which will only last about a month, you already made up your mind that you want to buy Gears 3.  You spent $60 for what's essentially a demo of a game that you already know you're going to buy.  So you're going to spend $180 on just Gears 3 (beta + special edition).  Think about that for a second and let it settle on your mind.  It's your money, you can do whatever you want with it, but is it really worth that much for one game? "
    It honestly depends on whats in the collectors edition.  Most CE's are full of crap while some come with really neat stuff. We will just have to see. "
    Either way, even if you decide to get the standard edition, you spent $120 for Gears 3 and access to playing a demo for a month before it comes out.  That was my point that I was trying to get at.
    crzyhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crzyhomer

Bulletstorm stands on its own merits.  It's a fun and unique game experience.  The story is decent enough, but I had fun playing the moderate length campaign.  Of course its set up for a sequel, we'll see what happens with that.  I think, like Halo, the beta codes get people to cast their attention to a game that might otherwise not get as much attention on its own.  How many people thought Crackdown 1 (not 2) was actually a great game?  Personally I never would have noticed it if not for the Halo Beta inclusion.

Bulletstorm... a solid game.  As the OP said, $5 for the Gears triple pack was a nice bonus at Best Buy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.