Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Vettel's X2010 Challenge with a DualShock 3

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Aus_azn

This post has been edited to replace flagrant profanity with minor profanity.

Holy crap. I mean, holy freaking crap.

Courtesy of this week's Bonus Races, I finally hit 30 and unlocked the X2010 Challenge. I only have a DS3, no wheel, but I decided to give it a shot, despite hearing from everyone that it is near-impossible. Thinking that the 1.06 time changes would help, I began my quest.

Monza was alright, Bronze with a 2:16 after about 10 tries.

Right now, I am on the Nurburgring and shooting. I am at a 2:25 right now and need to shave off 3 seconds.

Wish me luck, GB community, and please offer some tips if you can. I will edit this blog to reflect how I'm doing. 

EDIT: Just did Suzuka, got dumped on. What the frick?! The car is so tail-happy in the Suzuka East section and the racing line is pretty much always wrong!

I am running:
    Automatic (can't shift manually fast enough)
    Driving Line (brake timing)
    TCS 1
    Skid Recovery Force (self explanatory)
    ABS 1
    Steering sensitivity -2
    All other assists off

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Aus_azn

This post has been edited to replace flagrant profanity with minor profanity.

Holy crap. I mean, holy freaking crap.

Courtesy of this week's Bonus Races, I finally hit 30 and unlocked the X2010 Challenge. I only have a DS3, no wheel, but I decided to give it a shot, despite hearing from everyone that it is near-impossible. Thinking that the 1.06 time changes would help, I began my quest.

Monza was alright, Bronze with a 2:16 after about 10 tries.

Right now, I am on the Nurburgring and shooting. I am at a 2:25 right now and need to shave off 3 seconds.

Wish me luck, GB community, and please offer some tips if you can. I will edit this blog to reflect how I'm doing. 

EDIT: Just did Suzuka, got dumped on. What the frick?! The car is so tail-happy in the Suzuka East section and the racing line is pretty much always wrong!

I am running:
    Automatic (can't shift manually fast enough)
    Driving Line (brake timing)
    TCS 1
    Skid Recovery Force (self explanatory)
    ABS 1
    Steering sensitivity -2
    All other assists off

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Impossible...

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Bouke
    @Aus_azn: so how is it going? 

I've also tried this with the Dualshock and after trying Monza a couple of times a gave up. I made it to the finish twice, each time in 2.21... Most other licenses and races i've completed but this one is kicking my ass. A steering wheel would make it possible, but i'm not buying one for GT5.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aus_azn

I finished doing it. It was tough, but I won by a few seconds once I sharpened my reflexes and set steering sensitivity to "as high as possible".

My X2010 now has over 3000 miles on it....

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Binman88

I think they recently set the bronze time limit with an extra ten seconds, presumably to cater for the majority of the game's audience who would be playing this on a controller. Even with a wheel, I found it very tough to beat the bronze times when I did it.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aus_azn
    @Binman88: I started this after the extra addition. I only beat the times by about 2 seconds at best, there's no way I even came close to the old ones.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Binman88
    @Aus_azn: Still impressive. Only track I dare race the X1 on with a DS3 is the Indy oval!
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Red12b
    @Binman88 said:
    " @Aus_azn: Still impressive. Only track I dare race the X1 on with a DS3 is the Indy oval! "
    I can use X10 on most tracks, I may not get the best times on the tracks with it but I do all right with what I have

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.