Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

When did this become Wrong?

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

People get really upset at you for killing them in the online freemode... why? If you didn't want to get killed or don't want to get killed again, why not go into passive mode?

I understand that getting a missile to your face from a jet in the sky can be annoying but why has it become a no-no to kill people in a GTA game?

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Online video games.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People complain about getting killed in online video games where killing is allowed and expected.

Welcome to the Internet.

Avatar image for deactivated-610c321d60197
    deactivated-610c321d60197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampire_chibi: It's weird but unfortunately the norm now. GTAO is heavily dependent on mtx and as a result, everything they add to the game is outrageously expensive and requires a lot of grinding via car sales, MC sales, etc. People love to grief those trying to sell their gear for $$$ which can be frustrating.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Always hated the open world PvP in Red Dead Redemption. I get the whole Wild West thing fucking whatever, I just wanted to roll around with a crew and play co-op against AI.

Thankfully that was mostly manageable.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vampire_chibi: Probably because they just want to go about on their way to do something and not get involved in boring free mode shoot outs. Its pretty annoying.

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even remember how to activate passive mode or know what it does. I get bored of freeroaming pretty quickly, and getting blown up from a distance by people who have wasted way more time on the game or bought shark cards doesn't help. The deathmatch areas are boring too. Too open and flat. Max Payne 3 had better multiplayer.

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel: When you die there's a button in the bottom right corner of the screen you can press to enter passive mode, in this mode, other players cannot interact with you, that also means they cannot damage you in any way.
    This also means that you can't damage them.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rebel_Scum

@vampire_chibi said:

@rebel_scum: Then why not use passive mode?

Because I expect people to realise if I'm in the "game" or not. Man's gotta have a code.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not one of those people that's gonna complain during the game about it or neg your rep. I don't even play that crap anymore just because of that crap. Also everyone plays with auto-aim and I think its really cheap. Where's the skill?

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebel_scum: I thought Auto-aim was server based? I think alot of people play with controller too, myself included, shooting isn't the best when people are far away, auto-aim definitely helps but then again i feel like my biggest complaint is everyone having homing missiles and me being too cheap to buy them.

They're $1500 for 2!

My jet cost $200 to buy each time, i'd rather just buy a new jet then buy anti-air missiles.

I'm rambling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.