Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gravity Bone

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Jan 01, 2009

A first-person adventure game from Blendo games.

What do you think this game means?

RogueBadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RogueBadger

I hadn't really though of games as a medium for delivering a deep message. Things such as themes,motifs or symbols weren't at the forefront of my mind when I played games.  

Then I played Gravity Bone. (If you haven't then download it from here: http://www.blendogames.com/   , scroll down to the bottom of the page to find it)   

I have never in my life played a game that left me thinking about it this much after playing it. So in a bid to set my mind at ease, what do you think it means? Overall or even certain individual pieces of it, or am I just talking out of a hole in my ass, finding deeper meaning in a game that is just that, a game?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Game has funny name

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By benpack

Well before I play it, it probably has something to do with boning in space.

RogueBadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RogueBadger

@GlenTennis:
    That's the thing! The name has (from what I can make out,) nothing to do with the game. This game confuzzles me in so many awesome ways!

dvaeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By dvaeg

@RogueBadger: Played it this weekend and was blown away. Coming in with no expectations, it impacted me much the way you're describing. I'm going to forgo any attempts to attribute meaning though and perhaps that's the point. Something doesn't have to have meaning to be impactful and that's how I'm choosing to experience it.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By abdo
    ZAcKHINN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ZAcKHINN

I dunno. I played it, and while I thought it was funny and had a lot of character, it just felt like a neat little experiment. However, everybody who has played it tells me it was some amazing, impact full experience. I would love for somebody to tell me why it was so good.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By DoctorTran

Has anyone bought the sequel? Drawing a blank on the name. Is it worth the five bucks?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.