Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GRID Legends

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 25, 2022

GRID returns with a full cinematic story mode.

Your thoughts on this game?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hello, motorsport fans!

Nearly a day after its reveal trailer showed up, nobody seems to talk about this game on Giant Bomb so I wanted to know what are your thoughts on this?

I have a feeling that the in-game's story will be similar to Codemasters' Toca Race Driver series and Namco's R: Racing Evolution.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm excited for it. I love the Codemasters stuff. Are they the best in the racing genre? No, but they occupy that space in half sim/half arcade are well.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I mean I can't say I've actually enjoyed any of the previous GRID games that I've played but I'm completely onboard with this dumb FMV story mode thing so sign me up.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for it. I love the Codemasters stuff. Are they the best in the racing genre? No, but they occupy that space in half sim/half arcade are well.

The most realistic racing game they've released is DiRT Rally 2.0, I have a feeling that GRID Legends will be an arcade racer.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think it's certainly an interesting set up. I can't tell if it'll actually be any good or not, but it's got my attention at the very least.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@gtxforza said:
    @superslidetail said:

The most realistic racing game they've released is DiRT Rally 2.0, I have a feeling that GRID Legends will be an arcade racer.

Yep and that's fine, it still looks like it could be fun as long as they get gameplay right.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

I have enjoyed some of the GRID games, and a dumb story mode could be a fun addition to what has at times felt like a pretty dry presentation, especially compared to Dirt.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The first Grid was incredible, the 2nd delivered enough content and a great presentation to be worth playing, but the physics got worse, and i've felt that way about all Codemasters racing games except F1, so i haven't been keeping up with Grid.
    A weird fmv story mode is fun, but it comes down to the physics for me.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Whichever GRID game was a PS+ game on PS3 I really, really enjoyed, probably the last driving game I played a lot of either than a recent $0.99 trial with EA Play when I played half of Burnout Paradise again. I felt a twinge of excitement watching this trailer, it was one of the two or three things I was most interested in.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#10 chaser324  Moderator

The story presentation seems to clearly be trying to mirror Drive to Survive. I'd be willing to give it a shot.

I've always been pretty lukewarm on Grid. The jack of all trades, master of none approach isn't really what I typically want in a racing game. This does potentially fit in well with the EA catalog of racing games though as a superior replacement for the defunct NFS Shift series.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The last Grid was awful so I can't imagine this will be good.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shindig  Online

Grid has a feel with its driving I've never really liked. I love the idea of having all those ladders of motorsport to climb but I feel Codemasters haven't nailed it since Toca Race Driver 3.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By whitegreyblack

I'm very surprised Codemasters is going back to the Grid well so soon, after the last one was pretty poorly received. I wonder if the arcade style of Grid is what EA wants them to go with since NFS has been in such a slump.

I'm very ready to see what their FMV story mode is going to be like.

I don't have a lot of experience with Grid but I've played some of the first one on the Xbox 360 and it was a lot of fun with a wheel.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very surprised Codemasters is going back to the Grid well so soon, after the last one was pretty poorly received. I wonder if the arcade style of Grid is what EA wants them to go with since NFS has been in such a slump.

I'm very ready to see what their FMV story mode is going to be like.

I don't have a lot of experience with Grid but I've played some of the first one on the original Xbox and it was a lot of fun with a wheel.

I hope this game will be an improvement over the previous installments of the GRID series.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

Grid has a feel with its driving I've never really liked. I love the idea of having all those ladders of motorsport to climb but I feel Codemasters haven't nailed it since Toca Race Driver 3.

Because you don't really like it being arcade? my guess why the developer wanted it to be like that? probably they wanted to avoid making it too similar to Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport series.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shindig  Online

Arcade is fine. Just not that specific type of handling that GRID seems to trade in. I want something tighter and more predictable.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

The idea behind the game is sound; The rivalry between drivers and teams in real motorsports is why we motorsports fans watch the races after all. It could make for a very interesting single player career if done right. The acting in the scenes they showed off were a bit... iffy though, but who knows. Kind of excited that someone gives a stab at this again and Codemasters would be the studio to do something like this.

The actual game looks like your typical Codemasters arcade racer though. It's usually fine in short bursts, but nothing I'm going back to, unlike their Dirt Rally series that rewards learning the mechanics.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.