Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

How will you be running the game?

CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainTryHard

I for one will be using Windows XP through bootcamp on my 2009 Macbook. At least I'm going to try to, and if it doesn't work out then I guess I'll go invest in a new desktop. What about you duders?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

On a big ass hamster wheel. 

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

Given what ArenaNet has said about system specs, I'm sure I'd be able to scrape by on minimum settings with the desktop I'm using now. But with Skyrim and other monster PC games looming over me I have to upgrade this piece of shit soon anyway.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I've been maintaining my 2 year old rig. Play Skyrim on near-max settings on my 32" desk-TV, so will prob try to replicate that for GW2.

I say the entire point of PC gaming is to have amazing everything - so I'll prob make sure I can run Mass Effect 3 and GW2 on max no matter what, even if I have to get a new rig. (currently running an overclocked i7 and an overclocked GTX260)

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By shinboy630

@selfconfessedcynic said:

I've been maintaining my 2 year old rig. Play Skyrim on near-max settings on my 32" desk-TV, so will prob try to replicate that for GW2.

I say the entire point of PC gaming is to have amazing everything - so I'll prob make sure I can run Mass Effect 3 and GW2 on max no matter what, even if I have to get a new rig. (currently running an overclocked i7 and an overclocked GTX260)

I don't think you will have to get much more than that to run gw2 on max. Maybe a slight upgrade on the gpu, but nothing super costly. For as good as ME2 looked on pc the you could max it out pretty easily with most hardware.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@shinboy630: Agreed. MMOs tend to be very scale-able, and I highly doubt I wouldnt be able to run GW2 on max with my current build. ME3... well I'm hoping they throw the kitchen sink at it, so possibly upgrading my graphics card is no biggie.

In the end, though - you should be able to get GE2 running on any <4 year old rig - and the newer all-in-one macs can run GW1 on boot camp with no issues (they usually have something along the lines of an AMD 4850).

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Using Wine on Xubuntu on a 9-year-old Thinkpad.

Or maybe on my decidedly more modern Windows 7 PC.

rynbeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By rynbeed

Last time I went back home my grandpa offered me his old Micron with a P3 in it... maybe that?

But really, if the game engine is a s scalable as the last any midrange computer bought in the last three or so years should be fine.

If the game comes out anytime soon I will still have my core i3 (@4.2ghz) with an ATI 5770, more then enough for GW2 by my guess.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Beaudacious

Probably on my ATI 7970 since they'll be released around the same time.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By EnchantedEcho

@Beaudacious said:

Probably on my ATI 7970 since they'll be released around the same time.

Ha

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Vexxan

Hopefully I'll have a new computer when this games comes out.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jetsetwillie

i shall be playing on my i7 2600k(oc'ed to 4.8ghz)/GTX570/Win7 64x pc. where i play all my PC games

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.