Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

... Is this happening to anybody else?

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Giantstalker

Alright, so I've been playing since day 1 of the head start. I'm enjoying the game, and understandably want to play more.

Today I try to log in and the launcher asks me to authenticate my email. Despite already doing this, the launcher won't let me go forward unless it gets verified. This is new, as before you could just blow past it anyway.

I go to my inbox, and interestingly enough, nothing new is there. I check spam, nothing from ArenaNet. I change my spam filters, try logging in again. Nothing. They aren't sending any email to my address.

Even when I try to log in to the Guild Wars 2 website, it asks for email authentication, and nothing is being sent out. I made a customer support ticket but I still pose the question, is this happening to to anybody else? Have you found a way to play regardless?

ze_ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ze_ro

'We are aware of the issues with the email authentication system and are investigating them. We will update you as soon as we know more about this. Thanks ^SL'

posted 40mins ago in GW2 Facebook page.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By l4wd0g

Yeah, it's a huge bummer.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WesleyWyndam

Yeah, I just bought the game and am getting this. Hopefully, it will be fixed by the time it finishes downloading.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6  Edited By Giantstalker

The email authentication system should be working now. Please try again now to authenticate. Sorry about the inconvenience ^SL

Interesting they said this, because it still doesn't work for me. I'll try again later tonight hopefully they'll fix it further.

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hangedtoaster

I switched my the email on my Guild Wars 2 account from my hotmail account to my Gmail account and that seemed to fix the issue with the email authenticating. Dunno if your willing to start a brand new email address just to address this issue

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#8  Edited By audioBusting

That happened to me on headstart day 1 but the launcher let me go through anyway. (I did get a verification email the next day, and I've been getting doubles for every GW2 emails since.)

minorinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By minorinya

I have a Gmail app on the taskbar, Windows 7 - the notification for email verification came up, but it didn't show up when I went on gmail.com. Weird, right? I was able to access the email through the notification.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.