The Lincolncast, Episode 16: Races and Cupcakes
Hey guys! For those who don't know, this is the Giant Bomb community's Guild Wars 2 podcast (made by our guild, Lincoln Force).
Oh god 2 weeks to go, what are we going to do!? Apparently we've gone mad with power and boredom so we're doing live shows every week! This time round we talk about the 3 back to back stress tests and have another semi-debate-not-really about what race we would recommend to new players.
Also, subscribe to the show!
Streaming Embed (audio only):
Intro music: "The Pentagon" by The Hamster Alliance
Featured Members:, , ,
Run time: 3:32:40
Topics for the week:
- Announcement! We're podcasting live every week now on Fridays at 9PM US Eastern (unless otherwise stated)
- Dourin talks about how he's going to kick a sponge bob square pants cake's butt, Noob has been "playing" stalker and Rawson likes Mech Warrior Online. Guild wars 2 stuff starts after the normal 20 or so minutes.
- This week in news, 3 stress tests in a row. If you couldn't make it don't worry, you didn't miss too much.
- In our main-discussion segment, we sortof debate "What race would you recommend for someone to start with?"
- We talk about the aesthetics, gameplay, area design and a little lore for each of them in depth but forget we're having a debate till like half way through. Mainly because we really like the first two brought up - find out which by listening!
- Check out the live show and Dourin's gaming channel at http://www.twitch.tv/Dourin
- Check out the Giant Bomb PC Gaming Hub including their mumble server which Noob pretty much lives on at http://www.giantbomb.com/pc/60-94/pc-gaming-hub-lets-play-games-together/35-554129/
Enjoy! Also, feel free to leave some criticism or feedback - TheLincolncast@gmail.com or @TheLincolncast on Twitter.
Mobile Site (for streaming):
Live Test Show Archive
For those who missed it we also did a test for the live show - but it ended up having some pretty interesting discussion.
Check it out (youtube only) for our thoughts on the topic "If you could change one thing about Guild Wars 2, what would it be?"