Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Yak's Bend wrecked too hard! They changed the servers we fight!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

Giant Bomb, why you gotta rock so hard? We're now up against Crystal Desert and some island place or something...and we're getting wrecked in World vs. World!

WE MUST UNITE! Fight back the evil forces that try to stop us from being the dominant players in Guild Wars 2!!!

We should set up...a night...an epic night where we take to the battlefield, shoulder to shoulder, back to back. We will fight the good fight, storming their garrisons and beating down their gates, then slay all enemies until there is no heart left beating.

Sooo...like, what night are we doing this? Seriously, we need to win this back. We're slacking hard, guys. Also, what do you think of finally having some competition? Anvil Rock and Borlis Pass were either underpopulated or just total crap at World vs. World.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By scarace360

I say that day is a Friday! WE TAKE IT TO THOSE BASTARDS ON THAT OTHER WORLD!

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Cloudenvy

@scarace360 said:

I say that day is a Friday! WE TAKE IT TO THOSE BASTARDS ON THAT OTHER WORLD!

Friday would work for me!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By cornbredx

I have yet to get in WvW. It's always full. One time it said there was something blocking it which is ridiculous because I was playing the game already. 
    I can only play after work though, that's probably why it's always full. But ya, I cant ever get in it.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cataphract1014

My server, Henge of Denravi, was against yours for a bit and we beat everyone pretty hard. To be fair though, we are beating everyone pretty hard.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Subjugation

We're solidly in second at the moment. There are a lot of people in there that just don't know what they're doing. It also pays to have good communication in /team. I've been in wvw all day today and I've been able to coordinate Yak's Bend Borderlands pretty well, including collecting donations to get towers and keeps upgraded quickly. Sometimes people just need a leader.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jakob187

I just refuse to let something named something stupid like "Crystal Desert" win over the mighty YAK'S BEND!

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UssjTrunks

@CornBREDX said:

I have yet to get in WvW. It's always full. One time it said there was something blocking it which is ridiculous because I was playing the game already. I can only play after work though, that's probably why it's always full. But ya, I cant ever get in it.

Queue times can take over an hour during peak time.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Humanity

The one time I got into WvW I had to keep running across the map to each battle and by the time I got there it was over. Then some archers killed me from a hill I couldn't walk or teleport up and I lost interest. That said, Shiverpeaks will wreck your silly Yaks Bend.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jakob187

@Humanity said:

The one time I got into WvW I had to keep running across the map to each battle and by the time I got there it was over. Then some archers killed me from a hill I couldn't walk or teleport up and I lost interest. That said, Shiverpeaks will wreck your silly Yaks Bend.

SILLY?!

SILLY?!

Them's fightin' words, hombre.
    Them's fightin' words, hombre.
    konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By konig_kei

I fucken hated WvWvW but if an army of duders grouped together with all 499 members (last time I checked dunno if it's changed) we can steam roll those fuckers!

yyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By yyninja

I'm down for this, haven't even touched WvWvW yet.

abegrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By abegrey

im down for some wvw as well

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Dagbiker

I went to buy this Friday, but they were all out of Digital Editions.

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MstrMnyBgs

I tried WvW on my mesmer and my warrior, and melee classes are painful to play. Not in the sense that they aren't effective, but rather they need to charge in and thus resulting in death most of the time which means those ridiculously long walks across the empty battlefields. I really wish they would add more waypoints.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dragon_Fire

Sorry that was my world Stormbluff Isle. :P

That would be a great idea if you did that.

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By quicklookman

im in for that

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bunnymud

Friday night? It's a date.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28
    deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

You know that it was a bug, the servers not changing. They were suppose to change on a regular basis from the beginning.

But I'm not playing on Yak's Bend anyway (I sent a PM to the guild leader, and he never answered). So I guess it doesn't really matter too much. Wish you guys the best of luck.

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silvergun

@MstrMnyBgs said:

I tried WvW on my mesmer and my warrior, and melee classes are painful to play. Not in the sense that they aren't effective, but rather they need to charge in and thus resulting in death most of the time which means those ridiculously long walks across the empty battlefields. I really wish they would add more waypoints.

You should bring a ranged weapon then. I go greatsword / rifle on my warrior, and get a ton of use out of both. You use the rifle when you're in a standoff with enemies / taking out targets on walls, and use the greatsword when you're pushing forward with others. Longbow is a very solid option too, but I don't use any points in tactics, preventing me from getting Stronger Bowstrings, so I stick with rifle since it's 1200 range out of the box.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jakob187

@Ariketh said:

You know that it was a bug, the servers not changing. They were suppose to change on a regular basis from the beginning.

I see you over there, trying to fool us... You cannot outwit the great Yak's Bend!

Also, I'm not in the GB guild. I'm in a guild with friends. However, if they need extra people, THEY HAVE OUR SWORDS...and stuff.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By wunder_

As of right now WvW battles are swapping on a 24-hour basis to establish some semblance of a 'ladder' or leaderboard, as it were. Come Friday we will most likely be playing another set of people. 

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MstrMnyBgs

@Silvergun said:

@MstrMnyBgs said:

You should bring a ranged weapon then. I go greatsword / rifle on my warrior, and get a ton of use out of both. You use the rifle when you're in a standoff with enemies / taking out targets on walls, and use the greatsword when you're pushing forward with others. Longbow is a very solid option too, but I don't use any points in tactics, preventing me from getting Stronger Bowstrings, so I stick with rifle since it's 1200 range out of the box.

I agree, the ranged and rifle are very good, but I'm just saying the melee playstyles seem to be at a disadvantage for that individual in the big group battles of WvW since they are almost guaranteed to die. Where as the ranged lines can slowly move forward and back depending on the pace of the battle.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By kindgineer

I can't get onto that server, it makes me sad :(

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Silvergun

@MstrMnyBgs said:

I agree, the ranged and rifle are very good, but I'm just saying the melee playstyles seem to be at a disadvantage for that individual in the big group battles of WvW since they are almost guaranteed to die. Where as the ranged lines can slowly move forward and back depending on the pace of the battle.

Yeah, I kind of look at the really heavy melee classes like greatsword warriors as shock troops in WvW. You can hang back with the zerg and do really good damage with a rifle, but if you jump into an enemy formation and start spamming your goodies like Hundred Blades and Whirlwind, you're not only going to do a ton of damage, but you're going to start confusing and scattering people. Large fights are confusing, by virtue of the amount of things going on on screen, not everything rendering properly, and the fact that a guy in the opposing zerg is focused on the 30+ people yards away tossing fireballs at him, not the maniac pumping out tens of thousands of damage to him and those around him.

Yes, doing this can and will get you killed in short order, but it also is one of the most effective things you (or anybody really) can do to damage and disrupt the enemy. I play with a fairly large, organized group, and when I go down I can count on them to get me up as soon as they can reach my body. Chances are if you're running with a random, unorganized group, this might not be the case, and if you find them running off leaving you to run back, then yeah, it's not such a great plan.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.