Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

Guitar Duels :(

Avatar image for jamesoutrageous
    JamesOutrageous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JamesOutrageous

Just read on Kotaku that there's a couple of Guitar Duels showing up in the track listing, by the charismatically-challenged Zakk Wylde and Ted Nugent.

Have to say I'm dissappointed that the most frustrating and un-Guitar Hero modes are returning. Anybody else feel the same way?

I mean, if you're playing in a full band tour and this crops up, do we know if the rest of the band sit out? Or get more and more irate play backing as you inevitably lose over and over - the CPU was never fun to play battle against.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Timma1083

Yeah, I'm not really too thrilled about the return of Guitar Duels, but I heard they aren't nearly as prominent in the game as in GH3, so at least that makes me a bit happier.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By hazelnutman

GRRR GUITAR DUELS!

I don't liek em :|

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Psynapse

yeah it was the biggest thing that i hated about GH3... I have nearly done all of the songs in Expert, but i cant finish Lou on hard....

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Psynapse said:
    "yeah it was the biggest thing that i hated about GH3... I have nearly done all of the songs in Expert, but i cant finish Lou on hard...."
    Seriously, "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" on Hard could pass for an Expert difficult song, and the boss battle against Lou is one of the most badly designed features in that game.

I hate Neversoft.  I really do.  The more I hear about this game, the less I care. 
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

And now I instantly don't care. I've been stuck on the Expert duel against Slash for months, meanwhile I can do most of the expert songs after it in that quick play mode.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Hopefully they've learnt their lesson and these battles might be better than those in GH3, I think it'd be better if they were like the tugs of war or score duels from Roxk Band but I have a painful feeling that we'll be stuck with the same old entirely power-up based showdowns.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Demyx
    Psynapse said:
    "yeah it was the biggest thing that i hated about GH3... I have nearly done all of the songs in Expert, but i cant finish Lou on hard...."
    i can't finish him on medium
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm not too happy about the duels returning, I think they're pretty stupid. And dude, while I think Zack and Ted are good choices, why are they only doing 2 again? One thing that I always thought was dumb about GH3 is that it was called Legends of Rock and only featured 2 real guitarists.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By JohnDudebro

I'm pretty sure they've said that they're heavily reworking the boss battles, to specifically address the problems people had with the last ones. And if it's any hint to where it'll be going, the battle mode in On Tour was a big improvement over the one in III. So, there'll probably be a different system in place here.

I do wish Sting had done a bass battle track, and Travis Barker a drum battle. Hell, even Billy Corgan could have had a battle.  Out of all the playable characters, only two made unique tracks? I mean, Jimi Hendrix is dead, so he has an excuse, but all these other guys took the lazy way out.

Avatar image for jamesoutrageous
    JamesOutrageous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JamesOutrageous

Yeah I think that's the problem with Neversoft-era Guitar Hero, there's a perfectly good game there, just with a load of crap tacked on that nobody wants to play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.