Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero

Franchise »

Pick up your plastic guitars and rock out to your favorite rock songs from the 50s to the present!

Thoughts on Guitar Hero Arcade

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By MetalGearSunny

This weekend, I was at Funland with my family. When we were there, I went to the arcade section of the place. To my surprise, I found Guitar Hero: Arcade with someone playing it (I forget the song he was playing). I asked if I could play after him, he said yes. Problem one: you cannot put the coins in at the same time. When you put the coins in, THEN it gives you the option to play with someone else. Also, most of the time you put your coin in, it gets stuck!

It's a great idea on paper...but who  cares, it makes millions anyway.
    It's a great idea on paper...but who cares, it makes millions anyway.
    Bullshit. So I played alone. I skimmed through the setlist, and I came across an exculcive song, and next to it, it said, " Exclusive! Enter 4 more coins!"  BS. I eventually choose "This Is A Call" by Foo Fighters on expert (yeah, I know). I failed. I am used to the Guitar Hero guitars, since I use them to play Rock Band because I like them better, but this guitar was plugged into the arcade machine with a huge fucking fiber optic cable. It was near impossible to move around with that controller around your neck. I also found then both the buttons and the strum bar were vary unresponsive.  The buttons were "mushy." It felt like like the strum bar in Rock Band. Then the strum bar sometimes would click and sometime would mush and it was really dumb. The guitar had a horrible feeling to it.

After my failed attempt at that song, me and some kid did face-off and he picked "Sabotage" by Beastie Boys. He won. After that, I tried "This Is A Call" again on hard, and I still failed! I don't weather it is the timing window or the unresponsiveness of the guitar, or Funland got a bad machine, but when I go to play Rock Band I do just fine.

Call this bias if you will, but I sill have faith about Neversoft, and it's up to you if you want to believe me.

NOTE : The picture I got was off of google, and the guitars are different then the ones I played with. The ones I played with are the Guitar Hero Arcade controllers themselves, not the World Tour controllers.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

This weekend, I was at Funland with my family. When we were there, I went to the arcade section of the place. To my surprise, I found Guitar Hero: Arcade with someone playing it (I forget the song he was playing). I asked if I could play after him, he said yes. Problem one: you cannot put the coins in at the same time. When you put the coins in, THEN it gives you the option to play with someone else. Also, most of the time you put your coin in, it gets stuck!

It's a great idea on paper...but who  cares, it makes millions anyway.
    It's a great idea on paper...but who cares, it makes millions anyway.
    Bullshit. So I played alone. I skimmed through the setlist, and I came across an exculcive song, and next to it, it said, " Exclusive! Enter 4 more coins!"  BS. I eventually choose "This Is A Call" by Foo Fighters on expert (yeah, I know). I failed. I am used to the Guitar Hero guitars, since I use them to play Rock Band because I like them better, but this guitar was plugged into the arcade machine with a huge fucking fiber optic cable. It was near impossible to move around with that controller around your neck. I also found then both the buttons and the strum bar were vary unresponsive.  The buttons were "mushy." It felt like like the strum bar in Rock Band. Then the strum bar sometimes would click and sometime would mush and it was really dumb. The guitar had a horrible feeling to it.

After my failed attempt at that song, me and some kid did face-off and he picked "Sabotage" by Beastie Boys. He won. After that, I tried "This Is A Call" again on hard, and I still failed! I don't weather it is the timing window or the unresponsiveness of the guitar, or Funland got a bad machine, but when I go to play Rock Band I do just fine.

Call this bias if you will, but I sill have faith about Neversoft, and it's up to you if you want to believe me.

NOTE : The picture I got was off of google, and the guitars are different then the ones I played with. The ones I played with are the Guitar Hero Arcade controllers themselves, not the World Tour controllers.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

The machines at the arcades around where I live have normal guitars and seem fine.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    CL60 said:
    "The machines at the arcades around where I live have normal guitars and seem fine."
    Weird. I wonder if some of the problems are caused because of Funland?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

I dunno, but I always go to the arcade around where I live and play some Guitar Hero against other people, and they just use a regular controller and I have no problem with the tokens.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    CL60 said:
    "I dunno, but I always go to the arcade around where I live and play some Guitar Hero against other people, and they just use a regular controller and I have no problem with the tokens."
    I guess Funland just got a bad machine in that case.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.