Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Able to choose what you want yet?

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By empfeix

I've always hated the fact that you can't choose which specific map you want to play online in Halo.  There was always some voting system or block of maps you could potential join but maybe not....or something like that. 

Anyways sometimes I just want to play a map for hours on end and not being able to drives me nuts.  Don't any of you remember playing de_dust over and over?  Anyone have the scoop on how you join and play games in Reach?

Payne994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Payne994

so you want to play  a ranked match on just one map ?? That would be cool

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By empfeix
    @Payne994:
    can you play non ranked matches and stay on the same map? if so thats gravy sauce
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By DystopiaX
    @empfeix said:
    " @Payne994: can you play non ranked matches and stay on the same map? if so thats gravy sauce "
    the only rankings now are arena matches, apparently. And hopefully the more popular maps will show up more often for voting.
    MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By MaddProdigy

It's a selection of maps everyone votes on. My guess is there will be a preferences section where you can choose a few maps you'd like to be able to choose from more often though.

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By empfeix
    @MaddProdigy:
      that wouldnt be so bad - in starcraft 2 you can select a few maps you don't like when doing a ranked match

@DystopiaX said:

" @empfeix said:

" @Payne994: can you play non ranked matches and stay on the same map? if so thats gravy sauce "
    the only rankings now are arena matches, apparently. And hopefully the more popular maps will show up more often for voting. "
    Interesting.  I'll wait and see how this plays out.  Sounds like something along the right track though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.