Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Dr. Halsey Journal (no spoilers)

flammverit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By flammverit

I'm about to buy Limited Edition of Halo: Reach but I was thinking about our technology, with things like iPad, Netbooks, ebook Readers, etc; why is Dr. Halsey journal made of paper? Why not a futuristic device where she took notes? 

Yes, I know, it's a silly question. I guess bungie would have to invent some kind of device for it to be a this-is-how-they-will-take-notes-in-the-future device. So I'm not complaining, I just was thinking about it, maybe it's true and we'll never found a good replacement for paper and pencil.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DerekDanahy

Because that sounds expensive.

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By finstern

Because, and I quote, "Anything stored electronically, can and will be retrieved electronically" meaning that regardless of how much security she puts in front of it the ONI spooks could get their hands on it and she doesn't want them to. It plays into the whole internal politics going on between the UNSC and ONI. 

Edit: Just look at Microsoft hosting Reach on the marketplace, all that security and it still got leaked in less than a day :P Kinda funny that that quote comes from the game in question

flammverit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By flammverit
    @Finstern said:
    " Because, and I quote, "Anything stored electronically, can and will be retrieved electronically" meaning that regardless of how much security she puts in front of it the ONI spooks could get their hands on it and she doesn't want them to. It plays into the whole internal politics going on between the UNSC and ONI. "
    Very convincing!
    flammverit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By flammverit
    @Finstern said:
     Just look at Microsoft hosting Reach on the marketplace, all that security and it still got leaked in less than a day :P Kinda funny that that quote comes from the game in question "
    Excelent point!  

L O L!!! 
    bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bibledoctor

There is no match to the feeling of crisp paper in your hands, maybe she shared my love of the smell and texture of a new piece of paper.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
    @Finstern said:
    " Because, and I quote, "Anything stored electronically, can and will be retrieved electronically" meaning that regardless of how much security she puts in front of it the ONI spooks could get their hands on it and she doesn't want them to. It plays into the whole internal politics going on between the UNSC and ONI. "
    Yep, it's a privacy and security thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.