Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Halo Help. Got stuck near the ending. *spoilers*

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Scullinator

Playing on Heroic I just dropped the "package" off to the Pelican that will take it back to the Piller of Autom.  Capt. tells you to run up into the gun and shoot down the giant covenant ship.I was so excited to finish the game I rushed by the elites not killing them.  Ran up the ladder jumped into the gun seat.  Game saves , checkpoint.  Now im getting nailed from behind , from the elites I left below and from incoming banshies.  Im getting killed very quickly.  I tried jumping off and taking care of the elites down below but time runs out , the covant ship gets too close and its game over.  A few times I quickly killed the elites and made it back to the gun but was over run by banshies.  That final part seams to be on a timer or something.  I tried for hours to get past this part but i am truly stuck.  I was so pissed I just shut the game off.  Ill have to replay the final mission.  

I want to know exactly what im supposed to do once in the gun.  Do I focus on the banshies and other incomming covenant or do I shoot down the giant ship?  Where do I shoot it?

Thanks for the help.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By zidane_24

Giant ship rolls in somewhat slowly after getting up there, at least from what I saw (my roommate was the one controlling the cannon), so I'd think you have time to gun down a lot of the phantoms/banshees before the ship gets all the way in position.

Also, from what I saw, the ship only takes one shot if you shoot it in the right spot.

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
    Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee

You don't shoot the cruiser until Keyes tells you to.  Otherwise, focus on the Banshees and Phantoms.

rosebud04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rosebud04

Your supposed to wait until the big covenant cruiser is close enough to shoot. What i did was hide on the stairs behind the gun and when the Cruiser was close enough, i quickly got in the gun and fired at the glowing red core of the Cruiser.    

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scullinator
    @rosebud04:  oh man I could have tried that.  At one point when I was spending a lot of time trying to kill the elites I heard capt. Keyes say " now , shoot now" or something like that.  Thats probably when I was supposed to fine on the big cruiser.  Oh well.  That last mission is epic, wont be too bad to lay again.  Just need a break I was soo pissed to be so close and not "REACH" the ending.

Question: if I finish on co-op mode will it make a difference as far as my completion of the game?  That last mission would be much easier with some human teammates.
    fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By fattony12000
    @Scullinator: You'll notice on your Campaign select screen that there are two separate columns for Solo and Co-op, I believe you have to finish the game in either one or the other, not a mix of both.
    Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scullinator

I did it!  Amazing ending.  @rosebud04: I took your advice , hung out till I heard Keyes say " Now Spartan" (or something like that, the music changes, you will know when to shoot).  The last mission took me 3 and a 1/2 hours to complete, and this was my second time running through it, meaning I knew what to do and it still took me this long to beat.  Do I suck or did it take that long for any of you to finish?

Epic game.  ***** five stars.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.