Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Lack of Autosave

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Stealthoneill

So, after five hours of playing Reach on Legendary today, the power cut and wiped everything I have done. Anyone else suffered from a lack of autosave? Isn't this such a basic thing that it should be in the game from the get-go? I was loving everything about the game ad was halfway through mission five when everything died. Now I'm all the way back at the start of night fall. I need a break now and it's a shame because I really wanted to see what this story was going to do but I've just lost my momentum.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By fattony12000

Every checkpoint and end of level is a save point, you probably get something like 5/6 saves in just one level. 

Hang on, you're complaining about 1 level's worth of loss? That did not take you five hours surely!?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

Dude. It's a Halo game with checkpoints. Checkpoints have been in Halo since 2001, the first game.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I've never lost more than 5minutes of playing at a time.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I lost 30 - 45 mins once because some stupid AI bitch wouldn't follow me.

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Stealthoneill
    @Fattony12000 OK, five hours was a bit of an exaggeration due to my frustration. But yeah, it was a good hour or two I think!

Checkpoints save, but if you don't 'Save and Exit' your progress is lost and not saved for next time.

I love the checkpoint system but just wish it would auto save at some point.
    cowbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cowbs

My internet cut out and after attempting to sign back in (and failing) it signed out my profile. I lost over two completed missions of legendary play. WHAT THE FUCK BUNGIE

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By buzz_clik
    cowbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cowbs
    @cowbs said:
    " My internet cut out and after attempting to sign back in (and failing) it signed out my profile. I lost over two completed missions of legendary play. WHAT THE FUCK BUNGIE "
    Okay after doing my breathing exercises I skipped the resume part and checked my progress under missions: looks like what I completed is still there but the checkpoint it loads from was from the last time I saved (two missions back). Anger subsiding... I still stand by my (though less loud): wtf, Bungie?
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By nukesniper

I am completing levels one at a time, and I have not had trouble losing data. At the VERY least doesn't it check off that level as completed on Legendary once you are done with it? Sure, you have to Save and Exit in order to resume mid-level, but you should never lose more than that. So that's like, what, 45 minutes to an hour or so on Legendary? That's about what I was running on some missions. Don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed if I lost an hour of progress in a level on Legendary, but I just hope you guys aren't playing levels again that you don't have to. Especially if you are doing the Solo Legendary Run.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.