List of "visual flairs" for your gamertag in matchmaking

#1 Posted by Fjordson (2433 posts) -

Taken from today's weekly update. We've already known about the Halo 1 PC flair, but the rest of these are news to me:

From TOP to BOTTOM:

• The Septagon – This option returns for anyone who links their LIVE account to their Bungie.net account.
  • The DMR – A pro weapon for Pro members. Get Bungie Pro to bump up your File Share, render videos, and get this emblem. Active subscriptions bought in Halo 3 or Halo 3: ODST carry over to Halo: Reach, of course.
  • Marathon – Play the full version of Marathon: Durandal on Xbox LIVE Arcade to enable the Pfhor Terminal emblem.
  • Halo 1 – Enter your Halo 1 PC/Mac product key to enable this emblem. Each key can only be used once, so you’d better stop reading this and grab that key before your brother does. Since we have no way to validate who has played the Xbox version, this emblem is reserved for that dedicated community of computer gamers, with over 50k unique users still active each month, 7 years after release. Thanks for sticking with us. It’s been quite a ride!
  • Halo 2 – Automatically available if you played Halo 2 for Xbox on your LIVE account before its tearful retirement. If it’s not active for you, no amount of wheedling will change that, sorry.
  • Halo 3 – Take a guess… On the plus side, there’s plenty of time to head to your local purveyor of fine, shrink-wrapped games to snag a copy if you’re the one person who actually reads the news on our site and hasn’t played this game.
  • Halo 3: ODST – Ditto.
  • Assault Rifle – This fine armament goes to anyone who played the Halo: Reach beta a few months ago.
  • Spartan Helmet – CLASSIFIED
  • HALO – Like Blamite out of a Needler, these faceplate options can supercombine. Unlock the emblems for Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 to get this special emblem.
  • The Star – Who knows? We haven’t come up with a use for this yet. Maybe we will in the future.

Pretty cool stuff. I'll probably use the DMR for Bungie Pro or the assault rifle. I'm really curious about what unlocks the Spartan helmet.
#2 Posted by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -

I'd probably use the star because it looks like a dragon ball.

#3 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

Definitely representing my favorite of the series which is Halo 2.

#4 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -
@Ace829 said:
" Definitely representing my favorite of the series which is Halo 2. "
Hellz yeah. Those were the days.
#5 Posted by BrilliantLoser (33 posts) -

Oooo, the Marathon one.  It's like a reward for enduring the slight motion sickness that game used to cause before patch.

#6 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Halo 2 represent!

#7 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

The Halo PC one looks a bit poor but at least I get the full Halo emblem, I might use that or the assault rifle. 

Maybe the spartan helmet  is for finish the game on legendary or get all armor pieces in the armory which would take a long time.

#8 Posted by intoblivion (314 posts) -

If I  had Halo PC, id use the "Halo" one.

#9 Posted by Fosssil (627 posts) -

I'll probably stick with the Halo: CE one, but I might use the "Halo" one too.

#10 Posted by Adexus (39 posts) -

The Assault Rifle or ODST for me.... probably the Assault Rifle.

#11 Edited by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

The Marathon one looks the best, followed by the DRM.

#12 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

I hope I can get the Spartan helmet or the star, if not I think the ODST one is my favourite of the ones I can get.

#13 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -
@Ace829 said:
#14 Posted by Adexus (39 posts) -

Has anyone actually played Marathon: Durandul? Just wondering if it's any good.

#15 Posted by big_jon (5788 posts) -

Got a buddy who is going to give me his CE code so I will use that.
#16 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Those are even less significant than I thought they'd be.

#17 Posted by T00MuchSteeze (157 posts) -

Can't wait to slap that big 2 next to my GT.

#18 Posted by MystDragon3k (119 posts) -

Most likely gonna use the Marathon one, if only because its an actual symbol and not a word or gun.

#19 Posted by Empirepaintball (1397 posts) -

Still gonna go with Halo 1
#20 Posted by DaRaxor (33 posts) -

Halo 1 all the way.

#21 Posted by Extensity (2 posts) -
@Adexus:  Yes I've bought it twice on two different accounts, it's an okay game. You know what you're getting into when you buy it. It's not a game I would live for, but that being said it isn't a terrible game.
#22 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@Ace829 said:
#23 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -

Halo 3 all the way! finished the fucking fight!

#24 Edited by Bov11 (72 posts) -

No! halo! you don't need 10 billion customizables like COD!!

#25 Posted by Joelteon7 (101 posts) -

Definitely going for the Halo (PC) one. Simple, effective, stylish. Plus, I only have the Halo 3 one and in comparison just not as cool.

#26 Posted by RageGummy (102 posts) -
@Fjordson said:
" Taken from today's weekly update. We've already known about the Halo 1 PC flair, but the rest of these are news to me:

So far, looking at what you need. I have 9/11 of them. The helmet and the star i am missing. I could have the Helmet if we knew what it is. 
#27 Posted by bartok (2585 posts) -

It ain't a flair if it ain't named Ric Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I saw a bloodied and beaten Ric Flair manage to make Master Chief submit to the Figure 4-Leg Lock in a grueling hour long 5-Star classic for the NWA title in the Omni Coliseum. I love me some Halo but for Master Chief to be the man he's got to beat the man. Now how would you ladies like to take a ride on Space Mountain? Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

#28 Posted by White_Silhouette (476 posts) -

I thought it was going to be an emblem on the armour or something. I don't mind this but was expecting something more.. 

Not that it matters, as long as the game's fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.