Return of the local multiplayer!

#1 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2375 posts) -

Some friends and me got together lately and played some Halo and COD with four player splitscreen. 

The problem is we had five people so we kept giving the spectating player the controller after we died.
It made the game a hell of a lot more fun with the unpredictability so my question to you all is have any of you guys tried it?
Also it worked a lot better with Halo than with COD, for those of you who have played it what games do you suggest?
#2 Posted by big_jon (5708 posts) -

Halo and COD are the only two left that can do this really.

Otherwise I suggest Perfect dark for XBLA.

#3 Posted by tankintheair315 (347 posts) -

Cod is terrible locally. Just really bad. I love halo locally, played it weekly with my friends at their house for over 4 years now. Its awesome.

#4 Posted by FreakAche (2948 posts) -
@tankintheair315 said:
" Cod is terrible locally. Just really bad. I love halo locally, played it weekly with my friends at their house for over 4 years now. Its awesome. "
Modern Warfare 2 was the only CoD game with bad local multiplayer. It featured the same level-up system from the online, so it was seldom a level playing field.
#5 Posted by Atary77 (500 posts) -

Nothing like getting friends together locally

#6 Posted by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -

I played some Halo 3 splitscreen the other day (they still don't have Reach) and it was pretty fun for a few matches.

#7 Posted by Creigz (180 posts) -

That is one thing Bungie did well...keeping splitscreen. I still really like Perfect Dark on the Xbox Live Arcade. My friend has it and we spent numerous hours reminiscing about our fun times playing Perfect Dark and Goldeneye.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.