Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

SPOILERS! Want to clarify something about the ending..

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MethodMan008

So... The planet didn't blow up..? 

I played through it on normal... Just want to make sure there isn't a "true" ending if you beat it on Legendary or something like that

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By leburgan

In the books they nuke the planet. In the books the pillar of autumn is in orbit when the attack starts. So I think they are non cannon now? Anyways they don't blow up the world, they just hit it with so much plasma that it literally turns everything to glass.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MethodMan008
    @tankintheair315 said:
    " In the books they nuke the planet. In the books the pillar of autumn is in orbit when the attack starts. So I think they are non cannon now? Anyways they don't blow up the world, they just hit it with so much plasma that it literally turns everything to glass. "
    Damn I did not see that...  I beat most of the game on co-op and then beat Lone Wolf by myself... Is that it?
    bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bibledoctor
    @tankintheair315 said:
    "Anyways they don't blow up the world, they just hit it with so much plasma that it literally turns everything to glass. "
    This is all that happens. No secret endings once you beat legendary or anything like that. The planet is pummeled and abandoned, except for a small Covenant force that remained in the system for a time. I believe some years later the planet was recolonized.
    MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MethodMan008
    @BibleDoctor said:
    " @tankintheair315 said:
    "Anyways they don't blow up the world, they just hit it with so much plasma that it literally turns everything to glass. "
    This is all that happens. No secret endings once you beat legendary or anything like that. The planet is pummeled and abandoned, except for a small Covenant force that remained in the system for a time. I believe some years later the planet was recolonized. "
    Ok cool, thanks guys. 
    flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By flufflogic

Yeah, you see the glassing going on at one point - the heli mission where you're taking down the jammers. If you watch the background, you can see the Covenant ships glassing the city. 

As for Reach as a world... it gets glassed so they can get at the Forerunner ruins underneath, which is the actual reason they'd gone to Reach in the first place.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mattjam3000

Want to know what happen to Reach after the glassing? Read the Novel " First strike"

GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By GTFan712

After playing through Lone Wolf there is a short cutscene showing your helmet, surrounded by what is the recolonized Reach, on July 7th, 2589. 

-GT

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.