Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Today was AWESOME!

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Edited By JDUB_XL

Today was a really good day for me. 

I had the lucky chance of playing Super Street Fighter 4 with the Giant Bomb community during the first ever Thursday Night Throwdown. I got my ass kicked hard but had a great time doing it, and to be fair, It was by a guy who went on to beat everyone in the room. Immediately after that I went on to win my first ranked match online and that was a very cool moment for me. I look forward to more Street Fighting in the future. 

Today was also the soft launch of the Halo Reach beta. I was lucky enough to get a code from a friend and jumped pretty much right in. So far, it's totally Halo, but there are a ton of new features, game types, and all around differences that make it feel like something new. It feels like the "next" Halo. They don't have all the playlists open yet but the game modes they have are a good mix of new and old. The biggest change is the armor abilities. Being able to Sprint is a god send for me and the other abilities really allow people to play in new unique ways. The one thing that is going to take some time for me to get used to is the way Melee works now. Waiting for the shields to pop before punching people is way different than just shooting a little bit and then punching. I will have plenty of time to get used to it though because I plan on playing this beta every day until it goes away.

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JDUB_XL

Today was a really good day for me. 

I had the lucky chance of playing Super Street Fighter 4 with the Giant Bomb community during the first ever Thursday Night Throwdown. I got my ass kicked hard but had a great time doing it, and to be fair, It was by a guy who went on to beat everyone in the room. Immediately after that I went on to win my first ranked match online and that was a very cool moment for me. I look forward to more Street Fighting in the future. 

Today was also the soft launch of the Halo Reach beta. I was lucky enough to get a code from a friend and jumped pretty much right in. So far, it's totally Halo, but there are a ton of new features, game types, and all around differences that make it feel like something new. It feels like the "next" Halo. They don't have all the playlists open yet but the game modes they have are a good mix of new and old. The biggest change is the armor abilities. Being able to Sprint is a god send for me and the other abilities really allow people to play in new unique ways. The one thing that is going to take some time for me to get used to is the way Melee works now. Waiting for the shields to pop before punching people is way different than just shooting a little bit and then punching. I will have plenty of time to get used to it though because I plan on playing this beta every day until it goes away.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Man. I should have watched the Halo videos here. Then maybe I would have had a chance at an early code. Oh well, tomorrow I'm buying ODST and a bigger hard drive.

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JDUB_XL
    @TheGreatGuero: Well they only had 25 codes to give away out of about 10,000 people so statistically no one had a good chance.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By big_jon
    @TheGreatGuero:
    Banjo-Kazooie! 

Reach; Beta!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.