Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Bellcurve + 4 Truesilvers

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Also 3 scarlet crusaders + blood knight. Wins prediction?

No Caption Provided

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First game I went through 3 Sunwalkers and an Ironbark without using equality and without drawing the truesilver late in the game, opponent drew 9 cards on me I believe since he buffed the hell out of an acolyte of pain and I don't have a silence/didn't have equality in hand. Still won pretty healthily though it looked like a loss early on.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

With that number of truesilvers and a copy of equality, you should be wrecking face.

Might have trouble against someone who gets out a big body legendary (Rag, Any of the crazy dragons, etc) before you can get them low, but otherwise have fun!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hey I have a Yeti in the deck... haven't drawn it in 4 games and never have a 4 drop or the truesilver on turn 4 (but instead topdeck to win); still going well though.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Motherf...

Yesterday i had no truesilver champions, no consecration and 1 silence come up in an arena pally deck, that was fun.

Now I know who stole my truesilvers >.<

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fredchuckdave

True to form with any good deck I've drawn like shit the past 2 games, huzzah. 4 truesilvers, 15 cards left, no truesilvers drawn. Opening hand? 3 truesilvers.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

http://wow.zamimg.com/images/hearthstone/cards/enus/animated/CS2_097_premium.gif?4443

Best Card?

Oh yeah.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@icicle7x3: Definitely majestic on a scale of 1 to majestic. Golden mind vision/thoughtsteal is still better though.

Deck went 6 (130 gold + 60 gold daily), I'd say it's about 8-9 win caliber so that's not too far out of the range of possibilities. I was hoping the open beta would generate more noob assaults but once you get past like 2 or 3 wins that's not really the case (though the 3 sunwalker deck at 0-0 was probably like a 10-11 win deck, but 0 wins is always the toughest until 10-12 anyway); I guess by new standards the rate of wins is down 1 or 2 so maybe what used to be an 8 win deck is now a 6 win deck and so on. Also RNG. Not only is it required to go like 75% win rate with the new reward structure to sustain arena runs, even players that previously had such a high rate are now around 68-70%. 7 wins is the only real goal anymore though since 12 is just a string of fortunate events most of the time and 8-11 is meaningless.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually the secret best golden is...

http://wow.zamimg.com/images/hearthstone/cards/enus/animated/CS2_119_premium.gif?4443

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

This deck I drafted has 2 Frost Bolt, 2 Cone of Cold, 2 Fireball, and 3 Flamestrike.

I'm pretty pleased.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@starvinggamer: Pretty solid, the ideal mage deck is like 5 fireballs and 1 pyro and absolutely anything else in the game, up to and including 24 stonetusk boars.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StarvingGamer

Also because no one else is talking about this game, Unleash the Hounds seems pretty bonkers for 2 mana.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Yep, not quite as broken as battle rage but relatively close. Hunter needs a lot of revamps to bring them up to par not one overpowered card.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: Haha, I just got 4 truesilvers in my arena draft as well. And 2 molten giants. My mana curve is way off though, this can never go well :p

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First thing I meet is a Paladin with 4 concecrations. Arena sure is random. Beat him even though I had low health for half the game, and never pulled any giants(used 3 of my 4 truesilvers though)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@morningstar: At least you drew the Truesilvers, that was always my issue; even though 4 is arguably too many. Arena is all random all the time, just used to be half the people didn't know how to play and now it's like 10-20%, if everyone picks the right-ish cards and plays vaguely well then you can't really expect higher than a 65% win rate or so. I had a really good druid deck yesterday that went 4-2 but all the way to 9-3 after that and I've had 0-2 decks go all the way to 9 as well back when that was the limit (again that first game is always the craziest for me).

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morningstar: At least you drew the Truesilvers, that was always my issue; even though 4 is arguably too many. Arena is all random all the time, just used to be half the people didn't know how to play and now it's like 10-20%, if everyone picks the right-ish cards and plays vaguely well then you can't really expect higher than a 65% win rate or so. I had a really good druid deck yesterday that went 4-2 but all the way to 9-3 after that and I've had 0-2 decks go all the way to 9 as well back when that was the limit (again that first game is always the craziest for me).

15 of my cards are 4 mana, so this deck is wobbly. Are 5-2 as of now though, only lost to 2 druids. Even beat a paladin with Ysera and 2 avenging wraths.

I play some Paladin in constructed also, and the only class I can't consistently beat is Druid.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By morningstar

And I lost to my third Druid, this one with Ysera. 5 -3 with 4 truesilvers and a bad curve, not too great but it'll do =)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@morningstar: Careful with picking too many 4's as a Paladin, since you'll probably have numerous 4 spells/weapons to play. My Druid deck yesterday had Ysera, beat another guy who also had Ysera along the way (though Ysera took a break after securing a couple of early wins and lazed her way through the rest of the run).

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Here's an example Paladin draft for what I was talking about, pick 28 is the pick where it becomes a huge question of whether to pick Truesilver or Shatter Sun Cleric; considering the preponderance of 4's, but the previous Faerie Dragon pick vs Hammer of Wrath is where the choice should be reasonably obvious at that point. 12 is slightly more reasonable than 15.

Here's a few more of varying degrees of demonstration: 123

For #2 the 30th pick is the most debatable pick in the history of mankind.

For #3 I had a few debatable hasty picks, Jungle Panther is better than Acolyte of Pain most of the time and Imp Master is better than Injured Blademaster like 70% of the time or so.

Aside: This was an alright deck until the last 4 picks happened, then it became amazing.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes you draft a deck with 3 7 mana cards, 2 6 mana cards, and 2 5 mana cards, and three of them are in your starting hand before and after mulligan, and three more of them end up there after your first three draws.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Well clearly you (or the theoretical "you") failed to pray to the RNG Gods beforehand, the most important skill in Hearthstone.

DeadDorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They need to fix the drafting algorithm so you can't have more than 2 of any given card.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaddorf: Why? That's part of the fun of drafting in any CCG.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@deaddorf: Why? That's part of the fun of drafting in any CCG.

Agreed but going against a priest with 4 shadow word pains, and 3 shadow word deaths,

No Caption Provided

I just wanted to Taunt

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@evilsbane: Try having to go against Mages with 3 pyroblasts or Priests with 3 Mind Controls (before the nerfs on the cost of both the cards, mind you). It's all apart of the fickle bitch that is arena.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tennmuerti

I went up against a priest the other day (as a mage), i know right, should be a cakewalk!

Well he had 4 holy novas, 3 mind visions, several shadow word death spells and 3 mind games. So in addition to the 4 holy novas; he stole my sheep, my fireball and all 3 of my flame strikes. Nothing I could put on the board stayed for long. Eventually we just run out of cards, except because mind games duplicates cards from my deck rather then pull from his he ran out way after me and just waited for my slow death.

And man EU arena is kind of a bitch now, everyone knows what to draft and plays fairly well. With a relatively low skill ceiling a lot of matches just come down to luck now, who pulls what and can either get way ahead of the other player or luck into some very good and appropriate counters. At the same time I had a weird shaman deck yesterday that relied way too much on overload spells to both clear and buff minions, yet I went to 11 wins with it for really no appreciable reason other then saving up a single blood lust i had for one good use. Yet another time i don't get a single play until turn 5 with a deck that had like 20 cards in the 0-4 cost range and end up dying to a rush by turn 6.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By fattony12000

Did you try tapping your mana?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Book with 7 seals right here. Don't understand a word you guys are saying.

Guess it'll be too late to get into this, once it goes public.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tennmuerti

@seppli said:

Book with 7 seals right here. Don't understand a word you guys are saying.

Guess it'll be too late to get into this, once it goes public.

Nah, it's super easy to learn and has a good tutorial, once the game releases you can quickly pick it up and be decent in like a day (plus there will be a bunch of new players too). I joined the closed beta only recently after it has been going on for months and had no trouble picking it up.

Also as far as I know there will be no open beta for Europe (maybe speculation). In US they made it open beta last week.

If you want to get into it just set your preference to opt into the beta on the battlenet account. I only did that late December and got the invite mid January. Or just make a US battlenet account and you try it out straight away.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Codeacious
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35  Edited By Seppli

@codeacious said:

@tennmuerti: @seppli: Europe's had open beta for a few days now.

Thanks for the heads-up. Guess I'll have to log into my Battlenet account one of these days then. Now just to finish Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions first...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@tennmuerti: Priest can beat mage, always has had a chance even in old school constructed, healing somewhat negates the direct damage burst (I had an anti mage deck with like 18 spells that went 65-2 or something before the mage nerf, doesn't work anymore sadly and didn't do much to most other classes without miraculous thoughtsteals). Mage is still better simply because the Priest basic cards are horrible and the Mage basic cards are better than legendaries.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.