Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Character Leveling Question

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I've been looking at official Blizzard resources and can't find an answer to this so I thought I'd try the community here. In completing some daily challenges, I'm no longer getting experience in Casual play mode for wins or losses. Is this normal? Is it capped by character level? That was my initial thought as my Level 27 Rogue didn't gain any XP with a loss, then didn't get any with a win, either. I've since lost and won games with a level 21 Priest and gotten no XP from those matches either.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@asmo917: My understanding was that in Casual, you still get XP. You also still have some kind of MMR, you're just not on any kind of ladder visible to the user. Even in Practice mode against AI, I believe you should be getting XP, win or loss. Though I've only been playing Ranked and Arena lately, so maybe they patched the XP and I didn't notice.

bakoomerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I think you should still be getting XP, unless they changed something recently. Seems like it's diminishing returns the higher level you are though, especially for losses.

I think it also depends on how far you go in match. It seems like if you crush someone while barely taking a scratch you get less XP than if you win a close fight.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You still should be getting XP, its my understanding you get more for ranked, less for casual, and far less for practice. The higher you level, the more XP is needed to level - however there seems to be an incentive to play higher cost minions in relation to XP boost. When I hit level 60 with my warrior, I was was playing control with lots of higher costing minions and had about 240 wins. On the flipside, I just hit 250 wins with Warlock with your average zoo deck and with zoolock (cheap giants) - and am only at level 50.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@c0v3rt: Isn't XP based on number of actions? So your zoo deck being far more aggressive, you're going to make less plays overall because few games will go to ten turns, whereas a Warrior control deck is often going to go 10 turns or more.

I think you're right about higher cost stuff earning more XP, but the difference between those two classes for you is likely also caused by your average cards/abilities used per game with each of those classes.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By asmo917

Thanks everyone, looks like the character xp bar was just being funky this morning for me. My Rogue had just hit 27, and looked like she hadn't earned anything after 3 or 4 games...but I logged back in this evening and she was 3/4 of the way to 28 with no playing between then and now. Weird, but apparently mystery solved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.