Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

Extremely long load times or still glitchy?

Hawk456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hawk456

So I picked up a copy the other day and started it up... it froze in the first scene when I tried to get out of bed, restart, froze on loading screen, reinstall, sound dropped out when I picked up the letter and it froze when I pressed L2 to think "Shower", restart, it froze before it even loaded, I can access the XMB after a long hang but I can't play this game.... WTF!   Bu tthen... after waiting 3 or 4 minutes on a black screen with no sound, the title screen started up and I could play, AND THEN IT FROZE WHEN i TRIED TO GET OUT OF BED AGAIN, but then it unfroze after a minute, AND THEN THE SOUND DROPPED OUT, but then it came back, but guess what happened when the kids came home... I don't know, because it froze... WTF!   

Am I the only one that has to deal with this BS?  I thought this was patched
    face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By face15

I believe this is actually a problem with the most recent firmware update 3.41. I'm not sure if it effects Heavy Rain but for me Uncharted 2 has been showing all the problems you just described since the update. If that is it you'll just have to wait till they bring out the next firmware if you want to play it glitch free.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By haggis

Hmm. That explains a few things if it was the firmware update, since I've had a few glitches recently as well with Uncharted 2 that I didn't have before. Nothing serious, but enough to notice.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Djeffers03

I never experienced any of these issues when I played through Heavy Rain :L

Hawk456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hawk456

So I'm just screwed until they patch it again?
    Hawk456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hawk456

Got a new disc and it works without a problem - I've played through about a hour on the original installation file.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.