Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

How long is this game?

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By THE_END

Is is 8-12 hours like a previous post here from 1 year ago states?

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By THE_END
    nobody knows?  I know the game just came out today in NA but at least one guy in this forum beat it but I forgot his name.
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Alphiehyr

There's more than one guy that has beaten this game.

Avatar image for a_faceless_name
    A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By A_Faceless_Name

It took me between 8 and 10 hours.

jtparsons54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jtparsons54

I beat the game in two sittings. I think altogether it took me about 8 hours. Some may call that short, but in terms of pacing, it feels like the end comes at just the right time- not too early, not too late. The length definitely isn't something to complain about.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @A_Faceless_Name said:
    " It took me between 8 and 10 hours. "
    Ouch. Sounds to me that only spy-type gamers would only find this fun - spending days examining the game's smallest clue.
    jtparsons54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jtparsons54
    @Alphiehyr said:
    " @A_Faceless_Name said:
    Ouch. Sounds to me that only spy-type gamers would only find this fun - spending days examining the game's smallest clue. "
    The game is constantly pushing forward, so there is never really time within the game to linger on those small clues. You have to take them as they come. Whether you figure it out or not, the game reveals the mystery to you before it comes to a close.
    Avatar image for a_faceless_name
    A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By A_Faceless_Name

JT hit it spot on. Honestly, if it was longer I would have felt way too drained. I did it in 2 sessions, and it takes a little toll on you.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @jtparsons54 said:
    " @Alphiehyr said:
    " @A_Faceless_Name said:
    Ouch. Sounds to me that only spy-type gamers would only find this fun - spending days examining the game's smallest clue. "
    The game is constantly pushing forward, so there is never really time within the game to linger on those small clues. You have to take them as they come. Whether you figure it out or not, the game reveals the mystery to you before it comes to a close. "
    Perhaps it does constantly push forward. However, there is always time to linger to examine the area, search for small clues, etc. I haven't got the game yet but I've played the demo. Each chapter offered, I've played to the extent - specifically the crime scene, I took at least two and a half hours to complete it because I examined just about everything and noted the clues.

To cut short, I disagree and find it completely bullshit when you said "so there is never really time within the game to linger on those small clues".
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I beat it in one playthrough. Very engrossing, and it took me under 9 hours.

jtparsons54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jtparsons54
    @Alphiehyr said:
    " @jtparsons54 said:
    " @Alphiehyr said:
    " @A_Faceless_Name said:
    The game is constantly pushing forward, so there is never really time within the game to linger on those small clues. You have to take them as they come. Whether you figure it out or not, the game reveals the mystery to you before it comes to a close. "
    Perhaps it does constantly push forward. However, there is always time to linger to examine the area, search for small clues, etc. I haven't got the game yet but I've played the demo. Each chapter offered, I've played to the extent - specifically the crime scene, I took at least two and a half hours to complete it because I examined just about everything and noted the clues.

To cut short, I disagree and find it completely bullshit when you said "so there is never really time within the game to linger on those small clues". "
    Well I find it complete bullshit that you are really trying to tell me about a game that I have played and you haven't. There are like 4 times in the game that you actually investigate with Jayden. It is a only a small portion of the actual gameplay. I got the trophy for finding all the clues that are in the level seen on the demo, and I did it in like 15 minutes. And no I wasn't trying to do some sort of speed run. Sure, if you try to not make the game progress, it won't. You can stand in a room pacing for hours, but you won't. Like I said (and take from someone who actually knows), the game makes the player very on edge, and you WILL want to progress. Don't talk unless you know what you are talking about.
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @jtparsons54 said:

" @Alphiehyr said:

" @jtparsons54 said:

" @Alphiehyr said:

" @A_Faceless_Name said:

To cut short, I disagree and find it completely bullshit when you said "so there is never really time within the game to linger on those small clues". "
    Well I find it complete bullshit that you are really trying to tell me about a game that I have played and you haven't. There are like 4 times in the game that you actually investigate with Jayden. It is a only a small portion of the actual gameplay. I got the trophy for finding all the clues that are in the level seen on the demo, and I did it in like 15 minutes. And no I wasn't trying to do some sort of speed run. Sure, if you try to not make the game progress, it won't. You can stand in a room pacing for hours, but you won't. Like I said (and take from someone who actually knows), the game makes the player very on edge, and you WILL want to progress. Don't talk unless you know what you are talking about. "
    "The game is constantly pushing forward, so there is never really time within the game to linger on those small clues
    To me it sounded as if each chapter is timed, where the player has a limited of time to search/investigate before it pushes to the next sequence. Thus, impossible to spend time to linger a bit to find clues and take notes.
    "the game makes the player very on edge, and you WILL want to progress. Don't talk unless you know what you are talking about."
    So you assume every single player, all around the world, and regardless of any account, will be on the edge? Like a mind reader. I like talking, I know what I'm talking about.
    jtparsons54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jtparsons54
    @Alphiehyr said:
    "The game is constantly pushing forward, so there is never really time within the game to linger on those small clues
    To me it sounded as if each chapter is timed, where the player has a limited of time to search/investigate before it pushes to the next sequence. Thus, impossible to spend time to linger a bit to find clues and take notes.
    "the game makes the player very on edge, and you WILL want to progress. Don't talk unless you know what you are talking about." So you assume every single player, all around the world, and regardless of any account, will be on the edge? Like a mind reader. I like talking, I know what I'm talking about. "
    Haha, okay. I suppose not EVERY player. But in my experience I don't know how anyone couldn't be so enthralled to move forward.

On a more personal basis, I tried to play this game with the mind set of what the characters would actually have: Racing against the clock. To avoid spoilers, I won't go into detail, but toward the end of the game, there was a moment where I knew I was probably about to make the wrong decision. I knew the clock was counting down though, and if I didn't act quickly, I could be too late. I took a big risk and it didn't pay off.

To me, that is one reason why this game is so good. It gets under your skin. It took an effort for me to stop playing on the first day. I needed to see what happened next. I needed to get closer to solving the case. Shit talking aside (I never meant to start anything), the game really is one that needs to be played before it is discussed. It will change your outlook on the whole experience. Go play it. If you liked the demo, you will truly love the game. A few plot holes aside, it is a masterpiece and a step in the right direction for video games trying to do something new.
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @jtparsons54 said:
    " @Alphiehyr said:
    "the game makes the player very on edge, and you WILL want to progress. Don't talk unless you know what you are talking about." So you assume every single player, all around the world, and regardless of any account, will be on the edge? Like a mind reader. I like talking, I know what I'm talking about. "
    "But in my experience I don't know how anyone couldn't be so enthralled to move forward."
    Your talking to one right now.
    jtparsons54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jtparsons54
    @Alphiehyr said:
    " @jtparsons54 said:
    " @Alphiehyr said:
    "But in my experience I don't know how anyone couldn't be so enthralled to move forward."
    Your talking to one right now. "
    Ok. End of story. Now quit trying to be difficult. Its kind of ridiculous now.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Marz

i think it was more like 12 hours for me.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By nanikore

It's as long as my pen- 

I mean... it's pretty long.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @jtparsons54 said:
    " @Alphiehyr said:
    " @jtparsons54 said:
    " @Alphiehyr said:
    Your talking to one right now. "
    Ok. End of story. Now quit trying to be difficult. Its kind of ridiculous now. "
    If you find it ridiculous, you could've stopped commenting awhile ago. I like being difficult because it's my choice.
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By choffy21
    @nanikore: 1 hour?
    JoeThePro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JoeThePro

It took me a total of about 8 hours 30 some odd minutes. I completed it in about 3 sittings, definitely good pacing. Even the beginning which is criticized at being too slow, felt very purposeful when I reflected on my play through. It can take you slightly longer to play through depending on certain outcomes or if you really stop to take in some of the environments. Yet had the game been any longer I think I would have had a heart attack from the buildup.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By eccentrix

It took me about 10 hours, most of which were filled with tension and stress; definitely not too short.

juanvaldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By juanvaldes

Took me around 9 hours. 

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By shotaro

Took me around 9 hours, but I spent some time getting used to the movement so a second playthrough doing it differently would probably take around 8-8.5

I played it all in one sitting and fell asleep around 15 minutes later, that game drained me totally, but holy crap was it enjoyable.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deadmanforking

About 7 - 8 hours for me. Iv acually just finished, watching end creds right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.