Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

Should i take Heavy Rain back?

AaronAlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AaronAlex

Hey everyone, i recently completed Heavy Rain and i loved it. 
    However right now money is kinda short, and i don't have it in me to go through it again right now. 
    I bought it 5 days ago, and EBgames will take it back within 10 days and i can swap the game for something of equal value. 

Theres some good releases that would be great online ( Bad Company 2, MAG etc ) and i just wanted to get some opinions from you guys? 

Should i trade it in for something else? Should i hold onto it?  
    Im 50/50 on it. 

EDIT: Should probably mention that im looking for something on the PS3.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RsistncE

If you're tight on money and are looking for a game that will last, you won't go wrong with Bad Company 2. Fucking awesome online component.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By OllyOxenFree

No.  Keep it for incoming DLC later on.

Just get some dough from somewhere else.  *wink wink*

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4  Edited By Symphony

They'll take open games back in your area? Lucky. They put a dumb sticker on the case here that basically means "If you remove this, you can't bring it back unless it doesn't work". Unless policies have changed and I'm just not aware of it...  Edit: That's on used games. On new games, if the package has been opened, the same rule applies.

In any case, sounds like either option is possible... I'd honestly say flip a coin. Heads -- take it back, tails -- keep it. Close your eyes before looking at the results and if there is a side you hope it lands on, just go with that side without even looking at the coin. If there isn't a side you hope it landed on, open your eyes and go with whichever choice the coin made for you.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By rjayb89

Do you want to play through it again?  Are you satisfied with your ending of the game?  Do you believe in magic?

TravisT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TravisT

You would be making a great investment if you were to exchange this game for something with included multiplayer. Bad Company 2 and MAG are both great choices. Keep in mind though the re-playability offered with Heavy Rain that may hold you off until you can purchase either of the two aforementioned titles.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Yukoei

Wait for the DLC.

AaronAlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AaronAlex
    @rjayb89 said:
    " Do you want to play through it again?  Are you satisfied with your ending of the game?  Do you believe in magic? "
    Yes, i do want to play it again ( Not right now, exhausted of it at the moment ), I am Very satisfied with my ending, Magic is pretty cool too. 

@Symphony said:
    " They'll take open games back in your area? Lucky. "  
    Yeah that's what i thought too when the guy at EB said it, this is Australia by the way.  
    I'm not originally from here so i found it to be quite a surprise, considering back in NZ once its open its yours. 

@RsistncE said:
    " If you're tight on money and are looking for a game that will last, you won't go wrong with Bad Company 2. Fucking awesome online component. "
    Iv heard its really awesome online, and the demo was brilliant. Maybe i will take it back, get BC2 and rebuy Heavy Rain when i can afford it. Hmm
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By rjayb89

With Heavy Rain being such a niche title, I wouldn't be surprised seeing it at a discounted price within a year or two, ample time to want to play through it again after you've traded it in for something that will last much, much longer and something that doesn't really require much of your attention.  Like shooting dudes.  With a persistent online multiplayer component.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Jadeskye
    @RsistncE said:
    " If you're tight on money and are looking for a game that will last, you won't go wrong with Bad Company 2. Fucking awesome online component. "
    This.
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By jonnyboy

Get shot of it, and if Multiplayer is the way to go, then BC2 or MAG should keep you going.

You won't be the only one finishing it quickly, you can guarantee a ton of pre-owned copies later. Just pick it up then.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Skald
    Going to have to suggest Bad Company 2. It'll probably last you a long time. 

The bold text is not my fault, by the way.
    BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BionicMonster

i traded it in and got $40 to help pay for BC2.

AaronAlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AaronAlex

Alright thank you all for your suggestions. I think i will go and pickup BC2 for the time being.  

Skeetlejuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Skeetlejuice

if the  store is crazy enough to let you return an open game for full credit for anything else they should be crazy enough to give you full credit on a preorder for ffxiii or god of war 3 which you will be digging deep in your pockets and under couch cushions for anyhow. 

another shooter game with no real polished campaign??? 

clearly a story guy like yourself having picked up heavy rain and really enjoyed it can understand that your likely going to regret a mag / modern 2 / bc2 swap. 

i could be wrong lots of guys like lame shooters and all the bigotry and homophobia that goes along with that sort of thing. 

on that note there is a new map pack for uncharted 2 

and the first dlc for heavy rain just dropped 900 megs of madison paige baby! WOOOOT! 

in all seriousness though if they don't let you preorder something get demon souls, just grabbed that with the wrong price on it at blockbuster and it's great! 

or some non uncharted shooter like everyone else says it's only money and time spent calling people names online.  

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Baillie
    @OllyOxenFree said:
    " No.  Keep it for incoming DLC later on.  Just get some dough from somewhere else.  *wink wink* "
    Haha, DLC. That makes me laugh. Why would anyone want DLC for a game like this?
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xyzygy

You might as well just trade it in. You can just look up the other endings on Youtube :P

AaronAlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AaronAlex
    @Skeetlejuice said:
    "and the first dlc for heavy rain just dropped 900 megs of madison paige baby! WOOOOT!"  

On second thought that does sound kind of appealing.... 
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Baillie
    @AaronAlex: I don't get what the appeal for DLC is. I thought I'd want all I could get before playing it, now that it's complete... I see no reason at all for more of it. Back-stories seem pointless, just another way to grab some money off us I guess. 

If anything, I want some DLC after the events, I don't know what they could do, but it'd be way more entertaining than playing out a scene for no reason than to say we got some DLC.
    mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By mrcellophane
    @Yukoei said:
    " Wait for the DLC. "
    Wait, has more DLC been confirmed? I wonder what kind of DLC would fit into a game like this... 
    One can always hope they do DLC GTAIV-style and simply release a whole new story using the same engine. But that would probably be meh, now that I think about it...
    Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Daroki
    @AaronAlex said:
    " @Skeetlejuice said:
    "and the first dlc for heavy rain just dropped 900 megs of madison paige baby! WOOOOT!"  

On second thought that does sound kind of appealing....  "
    I guess I find out over the weekend, downloaded "The Taxidermist" last night while doing some Item World grinding in Disgaea 3 and by the time the 900meg download happened, I was too wiped out to start it up.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MikkaQ

Gaaah I'm split myself. I guess money isn't a problem when it comes to games, but I still feel a bit burned with Heavy Rain... I should have bought it used or something, but I knew if I wanted too long I would have had it spoiled somehow. 

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By OllyOxenFree
    @Baillie said:
    " @OllyOxenFree said:
    " No.  Keep it for incoming DLC later on.  Just get some dough from somewhere else.  *wink wink* "
    Haha, DLC. That makes me laugh. Why would anyone want DLC for a game like this? "
    Downloadable Episodes.  If you want more of Heavy Rain then QuanticDream has got your back.
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Send it back and get BC2

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By keyhunter

Get a job

Spiral_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By Spiral_Stars

Isn't Gamestop giving like 50% extra for trade-ins now? Trade that in!

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Chokobo

do it.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ocdog45
    @AaronAlex: man i wouldn't even have bought the game. I rented it and i took it back as soon as i was done. not into interactive games.
    Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Alexander

EBgames sell opened games? That's kind of shit. 

If you need the money take it back.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sickVisionz

I'm selling mine on Amazon.  It's a good game, but it's like a movie for me.  It's incredibly hard for me to watch a movie once i've already seen it unless it's a comedy and I'm high or it's got action scenes.  Even if it's action, I only watch those scenes.  Once I already know the story and the twists and characters, i'm done with it and it takes a 5/5 once every blue moon film for me to actually watch it again.  Even when I like a movie enough to buy it I don't watch it more than 1 or 2 times ever. 

I beat Heavy Rain and felt like it was an interesting experience but not one that I was ever going to play again.  I popped it in to see how the Kaiser Soze ending goes (disappointing btw) but I'm totally done with it.  I sold it now while the getting is good and I can still get more than 50% of what I paid for it.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By spaceturtle

Go for Bad Company 2 dude! But be aware, I have NOT played Heavy Rain. I just know BC2 is a terrific game. I'm gonna buy Heavy Rain soon thoug. Money is tight on my part too. I get me paycheck soon, so then I'm shopping for some Rain. Heavy Rain that is!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.