Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

tech demo, full game, and an uncanny valley

woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By woodtsunami

I just watched the tech demo again. God i love how the music and the rain perfectly mesh to highten the sense of tension. Then the line "Obviously when you get home you don't expect a thing so I press the fucking gun against your forehead and take a few seconds to watch the fear grow in your eyes". OH MY GOD!!! I forgot how wonderful the video really is. Does anyone know if they're gonna make a full game out of this? Or even just using the engine to make a game?

jaybee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jaybee

yeah, it is going to be a full game.  Probably in the vain of Indigo Prophecy.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

i hope that female character would have strength like that in the final game, would make a more relatable feminine protagonist than Lara Croft.

MrTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrTaco

I watched it again as well recently...didnt realize the face animations were that wonky.  Other than though, I agree...It was a very well done teaser and i hope we get to see more soon.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Patchinko

I'm impressed with the vid I saw of it.

I'm also impressed with how this and MGS4 managed to avoid falling in the uncanny valley. It's like they managed to leap it by making the characters look real enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.