Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman: Absolution

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 20, 2012

Agent 47 returns after a six-year hiatus to embark on a mission of redemption for the only person he could ever trust.

Why can Agent 47 see through walls?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By LackLuster

you can turn it off guys

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

@dudeglove: Goddammit, glover. I haven't had a hearty laugh like that in a while. Goddamn.

Also, you're banned.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Terramagi

Because an executive board said so.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Terramagi

@LackLuster said:

you can turn it off guys

Doesn't matter, the game is designed around you being able to look through walls.

It's like me saying "I don't like RUNNING in Mario" and you saying "well don't hold B." Guess what? I'm gonna HAVE to run to clear a few pits.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By YOU_DIED

@Terramagi said:

@LackLuster said:

you can turn it off guys

Doesn't matter, the game is designed around you being able to look through walls.

It's like me saying "I don't like RUNNING in Mario" and you saying "well don't hold B." Guess what? I'm gonna HAVE to run to clear a few pits.

As someone who has been playing Purist mode only, this is sort of true for Absolution. It's definitely doable, but it's way harder and you have to change your playstyle.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@AndrewB said:

@scalpel said:

He also seems to be able to predict which paths guards take, which is inexplicably visualized by flames coming out of the ground.

Is any of this explained in the narrative? Is he superhuman? Is it all that Krav Maga?

Do you remember all of the past Hitman games where Agent 47 had access to an overhead map of every single floor of a building as well as every living being, the direction they were facing, and the precise location of his target, all moving about in real time?

Did you ever question that?

I just always assumed he was using the Harry Potter Marauder's Map technology.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By LackLuster

@YOU_DIED said:

@Terramagi said:

@LackLuster said:

you can turn it off guys

As someone who has been playing Purist mode only, this is sort of true for Absolution. It's definitely doable, but it's way harder and you have to change your playstyle.

That mario is example is pretty poor. I haven't found the instinct to be necessary on it at all. You can clearly see on your compass where people are. It's not an equivalent to fucking running in mario that's just silly as hell. I can see if you start the game by relying on it and then trying to adjust after it would be hard, but other than that it plays a normal Hitman game without it for me at least.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By YOU_DIED

@LackLuster said:

@YOU_DIED said:

@Terramagi said:

@LackLuster said:

you can turn it off guys

That mario is example is pretty poor. I haven't found the instinct to be necessary on it at all. You can clearly see on your compass where people are. It's not an equivalent to fucking running in mario that's just silly as hell. I can see if you start the game by relying on it and then trying to adjust after it would be hard, but other than that it plays a normal Hitman game without it for me at least.

Wait, there's a compass? What difficulty are you playing on?

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By IceColdGamer

It's a visualization of his "unique perception" of the environments around him. If you don't like it turn the game to Purist and enjoy.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By Cybexx

Instinct mode is Smell-O-Vision, turns out while he was in the casket playing dead he got in touch with his keen sense of smell. Smelling people through 20 feet of a solid concrete wall is a piece of cake for him, what is really impressive is that he can smell scents before they happen.

tinautomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By tinautomaton

Well, it raises the same question as the map in the original Hitman games -- how could 47 see the patrol paths of every guard, target, civilian and police officer, in real time, on any floor?

The Hitman games have always been about seeing enemy patterns, and exploiting them. If the game manages to find a way to present that information to me inside the game, rather than on a map on a completely different screen? I have no real problem with that.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Male pattern baldness.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Nanomachines.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By kerse

I like how people get mad about this, but minimaps are in most games these days with no explanation and no one asks about them.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@UberExplodey said:

@FritzDude said:

/thread

Yeah, he's drinking Cat potion. I think we're done here.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#67  Edited By AndrewB

Actually, I always figured the map thing from previous games was because he was receiving topography from The Agency, which I'd assume has access to lots of expensive tech to provide that kind of intel. I'm assuming the lack of a more detailed map is because he's cut off from The Agency for most of the game, and the inclusion of new mechanics (instinct mode) is to alleviate some of the "where am I and where's my target" questions the player would be having otherwise.

Agent 47 is basically a super-soldier, and the tutorial puts it something like "Agent 47 is a seasoned assassin and has developed super keen senses."

Why the fire? Because this is a visual game and they wanted a cool effect. I personally would rather not see the trails of where my enemies are going anyway; that should be up to the player to figure out through actually watching the target.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By LackLuster

@YOU_DIED said:

@LackLuster said:

@YOU_DIED said:

@Terramagi said:

@LackLuster said:

you can turn it off guys

Wait, there's a compass? What difficulty are you playing on?

Normal right now. It might not exist in the higher up ones. I'm thinking of raising the difficulty since the compass makes it fairly easy in some situations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.