Why can Agent 47 see through walls?

  • 68 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by LackLuster (713 posts) -

you can turn it off guys

#52 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

@scalpel said:

Is it all that Krav Maga?

#53 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6389 posts) -

@dudeglove: Goddammit, glover. I haven't had a hearty laugh like that in a while. Goddamn.

Also, you're banned.

#54 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

Because an executive board said so.

#55 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@LackLuster said:

you can turn it off guys

Doesn't matter, the game is designed around you being able to look through walls.

It's like me saying "I don't like RUNNING in Mario" and you saying "well don't hold B." Guess what? I'm gonna HAVE to run to clear a few pits.

#56 Posted by YOU_DIED (702 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

@LackLuster said:

you can turn it off guys

Doesn't matter, the game is designed around you being able to look through walls.

It's like me saying "I don't like RUNNING in Mario" and you saying "well don't hold B." Guess what? I'm gonna HAVE to run to clear a few pits.

As someone who has been playing Purist mode only, this is sort of true for Absolution. It's definitely doable, but it's way harder and you have to change your playstyle.

#57 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

@scalpel said:

He also seems to be able to predict which paths guards take, which is inexplicably visualized by flames coming out of the ground.

Is any of this explained in the narrative? Is he superhuman? Is it all that Krav Maga?

Do you remember all of the past Hitman games where Agent 47 had access to an overhead map of every single floor of a building as well as every living being, the direction they were facing, and the precise location of his target, all moving about in real time?

Did you ever question that?

I just always assumed he was using the Harry Potter Marauder's Map technology.

#58 Posted by LackLuster (713 posts) -

@YOU_DIED said:

@Terramagi said:

@LackLuster said:

you can turn it off guys

Doesn't matter, the game is designed around you being able to look through walls.

It's like me saying "I don't like RUNNING in Mario" and you saying "well don't hold B." Guess what? I'm gonna HAVE to run to clear a few pits.

As someone who has been playing Purist mode only, this is sort of true for Absolution. It's definitely doable, but it's way harder and you have to change your playstyle.

That mario is example is pretty poor. I haven't found the instinct to be necessary on it at all. You can clearly see on your compass where people are. It's not an equivalent to fucking running in mario that's just silly as hell. I can see if you start the game by relying on it and then trying to adjust after it would be hard, but other than that it plays a normal Hitman game without it for me at least.

#59 Posted by YOU_DIED (702 posts) -

@LackLuster said:

@YOU_DIED said:

@Terramagi said:

@LackLuster said:

you can turn it off guys

Doesn't matter, the game is designed around you being able to look through walls.

It's like me saying "I don't like RUNNING in Mario" and you saying "well don't hold B." Guess what? I'm gonna HAVE to run to clear a few pits.

As someone who has been playing Purist mode only, this is sort of true for Absolution. It's definitely doable, but it's way harder and you have to change your playstyle.

That mario is example is pretty poor. I haven't found the instinct to be necessary on it at all. You can clearly see on your compass where people are. It's not an equivalent to fucking running in mario that's just silly as hell. I can see if you start the game by relying on it and then trying to adjust after it would be hard, but other than that it plays a normal Hitman game without it for me at least.

Wait, there's a compass? What difficulty are you playing on?

#60 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

It's a visualization of his "unique perception" of the environments around him. If you don't like it turn the game to Purist and enjoy.

#61 Posted by Cybexx (1155 posts) -

Instinct mode is Smell-O-Vision, turns out while he was in the casket playing dead he got in touch with his keen sense of smell. Smelling people through 20 feet of a solid concrete wall is a piece of cake for him, what is really impressive is that he can smell scents before they happen.

#62 Posted by TinAutomaton (50 posts) -

Well, it raises the same question as the map in the original Hitman games -- how could 47 see the patrol paths of every guard, target, civilian and police officer, in real time, on any floor?

The Hitman games have always been about seeing enemy patterns, and exploiting them. If the game manages to find a way to present that information to me inside the game, rather than on a map on a completely different screen? I have no real problem with that.

#63 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3059 posts) -

Male pattern baldness.

#64 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (947 posts) -

Nanomachines.

#65 Edited by kerse (2103 posts) -

I like how people get mad about this, but minimaps are in most games these days with no explanation and no one asks about them.

#66 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

@UberExplodey said:

@FritzDude said:

/thread

Yeah, he's drinking Cat potion. I think we're done here.

#67 Posted by AndrewB (7519 posts) -

Actually, I always figured the map thing from previous games was because he was receiving topography from The Agency, which I'd assume has access to lots of expensive tech to provide that kind of intel. I'm assuming the lack of a more detailed map is because he's cut off from The Agency for most of the game, and the inclusion of new mechanics (instinct mode) is to alleviate some of the "where am I and where's my target" questions the player would be having otherwise.

Agent 47 is basically a super-soldier, and the tutorial puts it something like "Agent 47 is a seasoned assassin and has developed super keen senses."

Why the fire? Because this is a visual game and they wanted a cool effect. I personally would rather not see the trails of where my enemies are going anyway; that should be up to the player to figure out through actually watching the target.

#68 Posted by LackLuster (713 posts) -

@YOU_DIED said:

@LackLuster said:

@YOU_DIED said:

@Terramagi said:

@LackLuster said:

you can turn it off guys

Doesn't matter, the game is designed around you being able to look through walls.

It's like me saying "I don't like RUNNING in Mario" and you saying "well don't hold B." Guess what? I'm gonna HAVE to run to clear a few pits.

As someone who has been playing Purist mode only, this is sort of true for Absolution. It's definitely doable, but it's way harder and you have to change your playstyle.

That mario is example is pretty poor. I haven't found the instinct to be necessary on it at all. You can clearly see on your compass where people are. It's not an equivalent to fucking running in mario that's just silly as hell. I can see if you start the game by relying on it and then trying to adjust after it would be hard, but other than that it plays a normal Hitman game without it for me at least.

Wait, there's a compass? What difficulty are you playing on?

Normal right now. It might not exist in the higher up ones. I'm thinking of raising the difficulty since the compass makes it fairly easy in some situations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.