Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

#IDARB

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 01, 2015

An eight-player simultaneous local/online competitive multiplayer game, taking advantage of Xbox One's ability to use 8 controllers on a single console. #IDARB may also be the first game to ever use a hashtag in its title.

Mutliplayer question

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all,

I was wondering if there is any way to get matchmaking for multiple players over an Xbox Live party (so not local players, but via Xbox Live). I was playing with a friend yesterday and we could only do one versus one but I had the impression this game was a three versus three maximum potentially.

Also, how do you get the tweet Hashtag bomb's to work? I tweeted to the game code we were using but the tweet I used did not seem to have any affect on the game.

Thank you.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#2  Edited By isomeri

You can play the multiplayer with up to eight people, either on the same console or online. When playing online the game always matches you against an equal number of opponents. So if you go to play online by yourself the game will create a 1 vs. 1 match, or if you go online with two players on your end you'll end up with a 2 vs. 2 match.

I haven't tried the hashbombs yet so can't comment on those.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri:

So there is no way of having three people on my friends list play on my team versus another team?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@johnlocke: Not right now, I don't think. The game is constantly under development, so I wouldn't be surprised if they added such features in the near future.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JohnLocke

@isomeri:

Ah ok. Thank you for the help.

aquacadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

@isomeri said:

@johnlocke: Not right now, I don't think. The game is constantly under development, so I wouldn't be surprised if they added such features in the near future.

The lead developer confirmed they are working on 4 player online play from 4 consoles and it will be patched in eventually.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Playing online is abysmal with any amount of lag, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for online multiplayer. It slows the whole game down rather than doing any predictive positioning type stuff.

Local multiplayer is pretty great though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.