The War Z renamed

#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4033 posts) -

PC survival MMO The War Z has been renamed to Infestation: Survivor Stories. "This change has come about primarily as a result of some confusion and trademark issues with a similarly titled property," Hammerpoint Interactive's community manager wrote on the game's forum page. War Z's official Facebook and Twitter pages have been deleted.

World War Z, the film based on Max Brooks' book, is likely the subject of the trademark dispute. ..

IGN: The War Z Renamed to Infestation: Survivor Stories

I wonder how that community is doing. 'Like continued expansion support and such.. I still wanna see that movie. :)

#2 Edited by ThunderSlash (1373 posts) -

Is anyone else seeing photobomb Brad from the batmanbatmanbatman.com page on that title image?

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9781 posts) -

I don't think that new name is anything special, but any time I see the original name, it makes me think of World War Z, so it's probably for the best.

I also think World War Z is a bad name. And The War Z.

#4 Edited by MetalGearSunny (6984 posts) -

"Maybe if we rename it, we can scam more people."

#5 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

It's a way to try and get rid of the bad reputation it has with the first name, also to not get sued by World War Z-suits.
One of those things probably worked out well in the end. And it's not the reputation part

#6 Posted by HellknightLeon (400 posts) -

I find it odd that some people are still playing WarZ and even more so that people are watching people play it on Twitch. With such a dark background and all the drama its come under I find it kinda... well... awesome that they are still working on it. The fact that people are still getting roped into it... Maybe its fun...

#7 Edited by davidwitten22 (1703 posts) -

I'm surprised they didn't rename it "The Last of Them"

#8 Edited by Cameron (594 posts) -

How long until they start telling people who bought The War Z that they have stopped development on that title, but are making a surprisingly similar game called Infestation: Survivor Stories that is only $15? That seems to be the level of scam Hammerpoint Interactive are into.

#9 Edited by Cameron (594 posts) -

How long until they start telling people who bought The War Z that they have stopped development on that title, but are making a surprisingly similar game called Infestation: Survivor Stories that is only $15? That seems to be the level of scam Hammerpoint Interactive are into.

#10 Posted by mak_wikus (475 posts) -

I'm surprised it took this long.

#11 Posted by Abendlaender (2599 posts) -

Is anyone else seeing photobomb Brad from the batmanbatmanbatman.com page on that title image?

No. But now I can't unsee it.

#12 Posted by Ramone (2932 posts) -

@davidwitten22 said:

That would have been amazing.

#13 Edited by SlashDance (1761 posts) -

@davidwitten22 said:

The Walking Deceased.

#14 Posted by Jackcc (51 posts) -

Dawn of the Recently Passed

#15 Posted by Forcen (1769 posts) -

So... Rename the page or Alias?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.