Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infinity: Battlescape

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Sep 27, 2019

A sci-fi space combat game with procedurally-generated planets and the capability of seamless travel from space to a planet's surface.

Infinity: Battlescape now has a Steam page and Early Access release target

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Inovae Studios have announced an approximate Q3 target for Early Access release along with a Steam store page.

The devs have come a long way getting this game to this point with a meager $300K crowdfunding budget and the performance of the game even in its alpha state is superb.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched some gameplay videos sometime ago and the game looked pretty interesting. Not sure if it was interesting enough to buy it so I'll need to wait for more gameplay videos.

Hopefully it will get Linux and OSX versions or at least run with Proton/Wine.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
    rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure it looks interesting.
    If you buy it and it turns out to be crap = you lose $60 or so.
    If you buy it and it's great = You lose 10 years of your life and your family.

Iiari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spacegg said:

I watched some gameplay videos sometime ago and the game looked pretty interesting. Not sure if it was interesting enough to buy it so I'll need to wait for more gameplay videos.

Hopefully it will get Linux and OSX versions or at least run with Proton/Wine.

So speaking of Linux in particular, I'm playing the alpha as an early backer. While I thought they might do a dedicated Linux version at some point, it currently as it is runs on Wine with some significant modifications (especially around dotnet with their launcher). Once playable on Steam, though, the launcher will no longer be needed and hopefully it'll be a one button launch playable via Proton, as in-game it runs for me flawlessly, just as well as it does on Windows.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nifty. Looks like a multiplayer only Evochron with X-series production values.

That being said: I'll probably pass. MP only is a huge turnoff. Either it is just space deathmatch that ignores most of the universe or it is space truckering where I need to care about my resources (and I got E:D for that). If this even just had enough of the procedural missions from Evochron it would be an insta-buy. As it stands? I just don't have the time to find a community and get invested in this.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also not a fan of these MMO space games. I would love a new Freelancer though.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#7 fisk0  Moderator

@gundato said:

Nifty. Looks like a multiplayer only Evochron with X-series production values.

That being said: I'll probably pass. MP only is a huge turnoff. Either it is just space deathmatch that ignores most of the universe or it is space truckering where I need to care about my resources (and I got E:D for that). If this even just had enough of the procedural missions from Evochron it would be an insta-buy. As it stands? I just don't have the time to find a community and get invested in this.

I agree, on that note Evochron has both offline single player and a very fleshed out multiplayer component that I think rivals E:D, if it just had more ship variety, a cleaner UI and better graphics on the planetary surfaces it would pretty much be the forever game for me.

My preference is single player, I really disliked how E:D forces you to be online even for solo play (and regularly is down for maintenance when I try to play), and I don't feel like getting yet another always online game anytime soon. Evochron covers my needs for that, and it's like 2-3 times a year I feel like playing it online.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: God... Evochron with graphics would be one of my dream games. I love E:D but just blasting my way through the galaxy while periodically lawn darting in to planets is up there with "JA2 but an FPS"

I should probably reinstall Evochron though. Haven't given it a go since I upgraded my HOTAS

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.