Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Interior Decorating

Concept »

The ability for players to customize the look of indoor locations with various furnishings.

Furniture Tetris

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator

I've been cultivating this hangover for a while now. Everything seems to be happening at a great distance. My eyes are blurry, attempts to focus resulting in the sensation of screwdrivers being twisted into my retinas. When I move my head I can feel my brain sloshing against the inside of my skull. It is in this state, that I begin this blog:

I found somewhere to live, in North London. It's a flat, on an estate, shared with a couple of other random gentlemen. A single bed is the only issue I have with the room, especially after the wonderful king-size that I was rocking at University. I could probably upgrade to a double here, though I'm unsure if I would be able to squeeze my computer into the room afterwards. I'm still playing furniture tetris, trying to figure out the best arrangement. Standard moving-in nonsense.

No Caption Provided

The result of having a stable living environment means I have been able to bring up all my shit to London. Shit like; my Xbox, my personal computer, and my collection of Gears Of War figures. The essentials. After a month of roughing it on a sofa in Brixton, the level of comfort which I am currently experiencing is... well... it's just lovely.

The important part of this blog is that I bought a PS3.

This is why.
    This is why.

It was supposed to arrive on the day Uncharted 3 was released, but due to the stupid fucking company messing up the billing address it has been delayed. It's now Saturday and I'm still not playing Uncharted, which means I probably won't be able to play until next weekend. This makes me very angry. The experience of having to shuffle around my ever-complicated schedule is both new and unwelcome. Having time to play videogames is something I have never really had to worry about, and the removal of that instant gratification is bizarre and frustrating. However, in the absence of an axiomatic availability, the value of any time at all in which I can murder a virtual menagerie of beings becomes exponentially higher.

I just bought Battlefield 3. I'm going to install it and play it. I'm also probably going to write a blog bitching about Origin, and Battlelog, because they are both awkward, clunky, and unattractive. Like your mother. However, in order to play Battlefield 3 I am still willing to have sex with her. If you know what I mean.

Thanks for reading
    Love Sweep

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I've been cultivating this hangover for a while now. Everything seems to be happening at a great distance. My eyes are blurry, attempts to focus resulting in the sensation of screwdrivers being twisted into my retinas. When I move my head I can feel my brain sloshing against the inside of my skull. It is in this state, that I begin this blog:

I found somewhere to live, in North London. It's a flat, on an estate, shared with a couple of other random gentlemen. A single bed is the only issue I have with the room, especially after the wonderful king-size that I was rocking at University. I could probably upgrade to a double here, though I'm unsure if I would be able to squeeze my computer into the room afterwards. I'm still playing furniture tetris, trying to figure out the best arrangement. Standard moving-in nonsense.

No Caption Provided

The result of having a stable living environment means I have been able to bring up all my shit to London. Shit like; my Xbox, my personal computer, and my collection of Gears Of War figures. The essentials. After a month of roughing it on a sofa in Brixton, the level of comfort which I am currently experiencing is... well... it's just lovely.

The important part of this blog is that I bought a PS3.

This is why.
    This is why.

It was supposed to arrive on the day Uncharted 3 was released, but due to the stupid fucking company messing up the billing address it has been delayed. It's now Saturday and I'm still not playing Uncharted, which means I probably won't be able to play until next weekend. This makes me very angry. The experience of having to shuffle around my ever-complicated schedule is both new and unwelcome. Having time to play videogames is something I have never really had to worry about, and the removal of that instant gratification is bizarre and frustrating. However, in the absence of an axiomatic availability, the value of any time at all in which I can murder a virtual menagerie of beings becomes exponentially higher.

I just bought Battlefield 3. I'm going to install it and play it. I'm also probably going to write a blog bitching about Origin, and Battlelog, because they are both awkward, clunky, and unattractive. Like your mother. However, in order to play Battlefield 3 I am still willing to have sex with her. If you know what I mean.

Thanks for reading
    Love Sweep

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Congrats on buying a PS3! It's always good to see people coming over to the dark side with us.

Hichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Hichael

Thanks for posting.

Love Me :)

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

Furniture Tetris is the best Tetris, I'm going through a similar thing such as you.

Also nice job getting a PS3, I take it you haven't played any of the other Uncharted games? If that is true I recommend you play the first two games first before jumping in to Uncharted 3. Also are you hooked up to the internet yet, if you want to you and me could be PSN chums.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Congrats on buying a PS3. I'm surprised you didn't wawnt to wait for black friday deals.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Hizang: I have played the second, being told to skip the first, but now that I own a console and can play at my leisure I shall go back and play through all three. I have internet, though it's being pretty sucky at the moment. Cheers for the invite, will keep you posted ;)

@Lunar_Aura: I'm in the UK, and over here we don't tolerate that racist nonsense!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Hizang

@Sweep: I never understood why so many people did not like Uncharted Drakes Fortune, I really did enjoy it. Also especially now it's probably like £10 or something. I don't want to start a PS3 recommendation thread or anything but a game that not a lot of people will recommend is Heavenly Sword. It's quite old now but still a good game, and I still think it is better than God of War III.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Yeah, I have a massive stack of games to go and buy. A lot of them should be available pretty cheap too. I need God Of War, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid... all games I have played but never for long periods of time. Stoked!

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By danielkempster

Ah, a new Sweep blog! I've come to look forward to these even more in their current scarcity!

Congrats on finding a new place man. I'm still stuck at the Job stage in the Game of Life, although I've got my fingers in a few pies that will hopefully turn out to be full of cherries, if you catch my drift. If my extended metaphor is too vague and you didn't catch my drift, I mean that I've recently put my name forward for a few positions that I'm feeling pretty good about. After that it'll be the Get A Place stage, which is liable to be even tougher given I'll have to do it in a way that won't upset my girlfriend's work and family. Don't ever deal with women, Sweep. They just overcomplicate simple things. I know the game of Furniture Tetris pretty well, too - given that I'm currently stuck in the Game of Life, I've been playing it a lot instead. as you may know, trying to accommodate three years' worth of accumulated University junk in one small bedroom is not easy.

Also congrats on the PS3 purchase. That's one thing that's on my eventual agenda, somewhere after the Job and the Place. I hope you enjoy Uncharted 3, and best of luck getting around to playing all those other exclusives you've been missing out on.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@dankempster said:

Don't ever deal with women, Sweep. They just overcomplicate simple things.

That reminds me, I need to keep things simple...

Good luck with the job search mate, I have just been there and it's pretty rough. I'm sure you will be fine, though ;)

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Ravenlight

More like lame.co.uk

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Afroman269

PS3 huh, very nice. You're probably going to end up enjoying Uncharted 3 tremendously more than I did because you haven't played the second game. I'm not saying that 3 is bad but it definitely didn't blow me away like the second game did.

Also, Gears.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Afroman269: the internet at my new place is being weird. I can play fine for 3 or 4 hours, but then sometimes it goes bananas and disconnects me every 30 seconds. I think we need a new router, but I have only lived here for a week so I might leave it a while before I start bitching about the internet.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Oni

Man you bought a PS3 for Uncharted 3... legit feel bad for you. Unless you end up loving that game. I was really disappointed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.