Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Into the Breach

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 27, 2018

Mechs defend Earth from giant bugs in this tactics game from the creators of FTL.

So it’s now out for the switch is it any good

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

So anyone played the switch version yet ?

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#2  Edited By tearhead

Just bought it. There's an issue where there's a black screen for like 30 seconds when you launch the game.

EDIT: Seems like restarting my Switch (different from putting it to sleep) solved the issue.

ExcessDebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ExcessDebris

@tearhead: I saw on reddit that problem gets fixed if you do a full system reset after downloading

Edit: Tried this out on my switch and indeed the first time i tried to launch the game I got a black screen. Fully powered down my switch (not suspend) and restarted and the game started instantly when launched.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Having not played the PC version yet I'm very interested to see how this version turns out. It might be my preferred choice of the two systems.

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By shades846

Ok so I have played a few missions and it’s not easy even on easy though that maybe due to me being bad at turn based games. Still it seems to run fine

acharlie1377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

How does this game compare to Bad North on the switch? Both seem to have a similar framework (tactical roguelikes centered around bite-size maps), and I want to buy one but am not sure which one I should get.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh man, I bought this on PC and while I loved it there, I always thought to myself that this game would surely thrive on mobile and Switch. I'll definitely be double dipping at some point, and while I've never really played my Switch in handheld mode after BotW, I'm liable to put in serious time that way when I eventually buy it again.

Elwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It plays perfectly on the Switch, played it on Pc also, but having it on the Switch is just so great.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@acharlie1377 said:

How does this game compare to Bad North on the switch? Both seem to have a similar framework (tactical roguelikes centered around bite-size maps), and I want to buy one but am not sure which one I should get.

I have both: BadNorth is more RTS (when you issue move orders the game slows down but doesn't stop) whereas ITB is a psuedo puzzle game - it always shows you exactly what will happen before it does and you have to find a way out of it. Both have Roguelite aspects, but I'd say the progression in ITB is a bit more developed (you unlock factions to replay the game as, in BadNorth you unlock commanders but there's only 4 classes and the "run" based nature is basically down to different island layouts and distributions of items). I love the way BadNorth looks, but ITB is nice too.

I suppose if you had to pick one it would depend on if you wanted a game that was more hard and calculated, but rewarding (ITB) or something more fluid and forgiving (BadNorth). For reference, BadNorth defaulted to hard but I'm playing on Normal instead. I can't remember what ITB is on, I think it might start at Easy.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Anyone else having Joy-Con deadzone issues? The cursor frequently starts to drift northward for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.