Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Inverted Controls

Concept »

The action of inverting the controls for looking and aiming (i.e., instead of pushing up on the analog stick to look up, you push down.)

List of games that diegetically ask if the player wants their controls inverted subtly?

grimpunchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

See title, trying to figure out if theres already a concept for this I can't find or if this has been compiled anywhere.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator

The "Look up, Chief" list. Seems like a solid concept for a list to me.

franzlska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Could've sworn Portal 2 does this, considering the first thing it prompts the player to do is look up/down. Halo 2, as well. Like chaser said, could easily make sense as a "Look Up, Look Down Prompt" concept, or something to that effect.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Diagetic Controller Calibration?

WulfBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@franzlska: I do remember Portal 2 asking you to look different directions for calisthenics after waking up, but it's hard to tell if it was actually doing it for view inversion or if it was just humor. In fact, I might want to say it doesn't do anything because I'm pretty sure in a replay of it I'd look the wrong way but didn't affect me (playing on PC).

I'll add recalling the devs for one of the Gears of War games (3?) discuss where the opening scene has you flying in on a transport and an explosion or something happens below and if you try to move the stick to look towards it, they use that to predict if you want inversion or not.

bakedpony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infamous 1 or 2 did this I believe

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Titanfall 2 as well, I think?

franzlska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@wulfbane: Might be right about that. Pulled it up earlier and it didn't seem to do anything, but part of me couldn't tell if I had somehow interrupted it before the prompt or something. It being a joke would certainly fit that opening scene, too.

DrRobotnikX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.