Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iPhone

Platform »

The iPhone is a multimedia multi-touch smartphone created by Apple Inc.

Iphone cases (specifically the 5), recommendations?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrOldboy

My new iphone 5 just came today in the mail. The first order of business is to get a case on this thing.

MY gf and I previously both had the galaxy S2. When it came time to sell those phones since we decided to commit to the new iphone (not dissing android over here) her phone had some noticeable damage on it from the short time she had it without a case. So the new rule for this phone is that it needs a case to be taken outside of the house.

She wants to go to the Apple store tomorrow, yeah that'll be real fun, to see some in person and then try and order one online cheaper.

I know a lot of people probably haven't used an iphone 5 specific case yet since it just came out, but can you guys recommend some iphone 4/4s cases you've been using. I'm sure those manufacturers have or will have 5 cases available.

Just looking for something thin and light that protects the outside of the phone, nothing fancy. I may get a screen protector as well for them. I had a Zagg one on my PSP, but the texture didn't feel right for a touchscreen. At the mall they have a kiosk and had some sample ones to touch. The two clear ones they had actually feel a lot better so I might give them a try.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By PerryVandell

I've had good experiences with incase. I've dropped my iPhone a few times and it just bounces of the pavement. No screen cracks or noticeable system damage. If you want a bulky ass case that will last an Indiana Jones jungle romp, I've heard otterbox is pretty good as well. I didn't want a super bulky case so I went with incase but it's totally up to you. Hope that helps!

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DukesT3

Don't get a case. Cmon dude, thats a too good looking phone to hide in a case. If you NEED a case for protection though then I'd say go with an Otterbox.

INFINITE_CASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By INFINITE_CASH

I just got my iPhone today as well. If the size of the phone with the case on doesn't matter then get an otterbox case. They are great cases but they tend to be on the bulky side. If you want the phone to remain slim and protected then go with an incase. They are good cases and they keep the phone size to a minimum. I currently using one and it going good so far.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MrOldboy

I'll check out incase, thanks. This is the case I had with my galaxy s2. I liked it a lot. Although mine had a black inner liner and was only $10 on amazon. The iphone case mates are not that cheap yet.

http://www.case-mate.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-4G-LTE-Skyrocket-Cases/Case-Mate-Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-4G-LTE-Skyrocket-Tough-Cases.asp

I also ordered two of these off amazon, people seem to like them and for $3 a piece I'll give them a try.

http://www.boxwave.com/apple-iphone-5-screen-protectors/apple-iphone-5-cleartouch-crystal-for-/bwpdd/fp-zvwt/

edit: looks like the incase cases aren't available until october.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.