Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

How active is iRacing on GB?

chrisstewart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Happily discovered this forum and saw some league options that would suit me really well. So I'm curious, how healthy are the GB leagues?

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the moment they're completely inactive. There's quite a few duders active in iRacing, but we don't have any leagues running.

Hopefully we will try to do something again in early 2016. Keep an eye on the forum.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By datarez

With the new update I hope there's a VLN series or something that we could all join together.

Phouchg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be fun to join you guys in a series sometime.. Just gonna have to find a time when I'm not committed to something else. :P

samuraigarrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By samuraigarrin

I mean, Monza Oval alone should be reason enough to revive the GBRL, right? Have you seen this insanity?! Big, fast, unrestricted cars on a high-banked, narrow track with plenty of hills, oddly-angled walls, and hit-able signs to cause maximum chaos.

Loading Video...

Also, I really miss racing with you guys! Money hadn't worked out to where I could renew my sub to iRacing for the past couple of years, but maybe that'll change soon. I'm also starting to get interested in racing again. (Blame PSeG for retweeting the video of us racing the Skippys at Charlotte in Season 1.) I'll be keeping an eye on the forums for sure!

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mouse

If anything can bring Formula Duder back, it's this:

That blue/yellow paint  :-o :D ;)
    That blue/yellow paint :-o :D ;)

Guys, perhaps we should think about maybe doing something again? It might be time.

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd love to at least do some one-off races with you guys again if nothing else. I haven't hardly touched iRacing in a while, but I'm thinking about starting to play it more regularly again. Drove the new MX-5 last night and it was a blast (when it wasn't hopping and skipping wildly out of control that is... which was also kinda fun actually). Haven't purchased the Renault yet. Waiting to see what the general consensus is first.

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FR 2.0 is pretty fun to drive. It does have it's quirks and you'll probably end up doing many many spins until you get the hang of throttle control mid-corner. Sidepod ground-clearance is also much lower than you'd expect and you need to be careful with some of the curbs you'd normally cut heavily, such as the inside curb at Spa T5. Car will skid right off and ruin your line. Compared to Star Mazda, it has more character but some those characteristics can be considered imperfections, making the car more challenging or entertaining to drive, depending on how you look at it.

Audi R8 LMS and Mercedes AMG GT3 are kinda cool but not really my cup of tea. Word on the street is that Audi too slow to compete with other GT3 cars and also allergic to curbs. I couldn't drive it for long because the gear whine sounded like I was at a dentist office getting my teeth drilled. Merc was ok I guess but didn't really tickle my pickle in any way.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Paging @iron1c
    I know he had some thoughts.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't touched the Star Mazda in a while, so I shouldn't compare, but I'll say that [after only a few laps] the FR 2.0 is an enjoyable ride. Doesn't seem very twitchy; a bit slippy but manageable if you're easy on throttle exiting. I'll most likely do a few races in it this season. Thankfully the new MX-5 is just as fun as the old one, since it's one of my favorites. Felt a bit more 'agile' I suppose.

We'll have to do some Friday night stuff again; one-off stuff. I'd love to do an F1 race again; that one at COTA we did a while back went pretty well.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@datarez said:

Paging @iron1c

I know he had some thoughts.

Yeah, we were kicking around a couple of thoughts on Discord lately. I mentioned that it was almost a year ago that we did any GBRL league stuff and we should change that - and with this update it seems like it's the right time to think about doing stuff again, especially since some people that are not team racing with us have shown some interest in doing things again. One of the main thoughts was what we should do though...reviving Formula Duder with the FR 2.0 would be awesome, but I don't know if re-subbing + buying a new car (+ eventually a track or two) is feasible for new/returning drivers. The new MX-5 is great and I always enjoyed those races a whole lot and that car is totally free. So it's basically between those two options...what do you guys think?

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe start out with an exhibition race or two with the MX-5 or Skippy, see who shows up and what they think, then decide on whether or not to do regularly scheduled league races. We could also do a poll and see what cars everyone would like to race.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@maxx77: Oh, yeah, I think this is all going to be exhibition races. Don't think we could gather enough people for a weekly, semi-serious league, especially since a lot of us are also team racing (almost) every weekend. Me and @khann did Week 13 races in both the FR 2.0 and the new MX-5 today though and...good god that MX-5 is super fun and free. So yes, I'd heavily lean towards that.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't go wrong with the MX-5. Wouldn't mind doing most/all free tracks either, just to keep it open for everyone. Old Daytona and Phoenix are free now and have rovals that'd be fine to use. And how long has it been since we've had a Charlotte draft battle?

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By maxx77

I'm not crazy about the Phoenix road course, but Charlotte and Daytona would be fun. I say we do the Charlotte Oval with everyone in the MX-5 except @slowbird who has to use the Skip Barber this time!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.