Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

Nordschleife Bridge to Gantry

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By datarez

So how have you been liking the new build? (When it's up) I'm hoping the Monday update fixes everything or at least gets the site back up to normal. No stats or friends currently and the session banner at the top is weird.

But the reason for the new thread, how are your Nordschleife tourist times?

I've seen a 6:19 in a practice session, they were in a RUF of course. I've been running the BMW with the baseline setup mostly but this time was posted with a setup from the forum. 6:34 is pretty good I think when at first I thought it was going to be a real challenge for me to break 6:40.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Got everything bought and downloaded, but haven't jumped in yet. Might give it a go tomorrow.;

sebw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've put in a couple of hours so far and managed exactly 2 clean laps, 6:50 being the quickest so far. Optimal is 6:40 or so but I can see tons of room to improve, but every time I push I have a horrific wreck. Still a lot of track learning to go, haven't done the ring since Gran Turismo 4.

I like the new sounds from this build. I didn't like the new tyre scrubbing sounds at first (they seemed off to me, but not having been in a real race car I have no idea if they are accurate or not) but having spent some time with it I think they give you more feedback than before and I'm used to them. The new effects when you go on the grass are great too!

That new Mclaren F1 car though, talk about sensory overload! So many adjustments and stuff to manage! Pretty fun to burn around in but there is no way I will ever be any sort of competitive in that thing.

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

6:53 is the first lap I've completed that actually counted. That was in the BMW with a mostly baseline setup. I was incredibly overly cautious on the back half of the track, given that most of the turns are blind and I've yet to make it that far often enough to memorize it.

It's fun though! I've never really driven it in a serious sim until now. I'm curious what it's like to drive in the other cars, but the BMW and Ruf are all I've tried so far. I don't know how "tourists" in real life manage to drive this thing. I'd be paranoid trying to drive my actual car at this place. Not that it wouldn't be fun, but I can't imagine going fast at that place in something I own. It's nerve wracking enough to try and complete a fast lap in iRacing without getting any off-track penalties.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mouse

iRacing feels like a new game to me now; new sounds, new track, and my brand new PC with high graphics settings (finally. FINALLY!). I've been having a lot of fun this weekend in the new McLaren; indeed that thing is intimidating (setup wise, especially). Once they include the second tire compound, can you guys imagine how awesome the Road Warrior F1 races are going to be! I hope they do several of those this year.

As for the 'ring; man it's so much fun. Easily worth the money just to drive against the clock. Running the C-Spec on it as I'm learning the layout.. which will take quite a bit of time, but it'll be time well spent.

Phouchg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm late on the ball here but the ring is awesome :) I did a 6:24.5 first day in the BMW.. then I tried some different cars the other days but never got that low again.. just can't drive anything but the BMW I guess :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.