Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Iron Brigade

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 22, 2011

Described as "a game about love," Iron Brigade is a goofy alternate-historical WW1-themed third-person shooter/tower defense mash-up where up to four players take control of hulking bipedal tanks and must endure swarms of television-based robots.

Weapons questions.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Captainlunchbox

I have the explosive shotgun and it looks to me like it actually fires some sort of shells instead of a scatter-shot pattern, - will every weapon I find with the "Explosive" special ability just lob shells like that? Also do the Broadcaster type weapons just have the ability to kill everything, at the sacrifice of range?

tangmcgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By tangmcgame

I don't think there are many or any other Explosive type weapons in the game, so I couldn't say.  It looks like that shotty shoots a mine at the enemies.  Broadcasters were described as "flamethrowers" in the GB quicklook.

Binaryfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Binaryfart

Broadcasters will eventually kill everything, but they're not much good when it comes to heavily armoured beasties like Big Willie or Breakers, and they're totally useless for Void Droppers. They are best for small numbers of swarming bugs like the Knobs, but the limited range can be a pain - it means you have to dash around the battlefield to intercept the swarm before it gets to your turret or base. They're still pretty useful for certain maps, but there are better alternatives IMHO.

I have a few questions of my own (apologies if they've been answered elsewhere :))

Can anyone tell me how the ricochet weapons work? Is the ricochet effect random or can I make it happen more effectively by aiming a particular way? 
    Do any of the Marine items affect gameplay or are they purely cosmetic?

Fait622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Fait622

@Binaryfart: No idea on the ricochet, I have not tried one of those sniper rifles yet. But the Marine items are purely consmetic

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Chris2KLee

@Binaryfart said:

Broadcasters will eventually kill everything, but they're not much good when it comes to heavily armoured beasties like Big Willie or Breakers, and they're totally useless for Void Droppers. They are best for small numbers of swarming bugs like the Knobs, but the limited range can be a pain - it means you have to dash around the battlefield to intercept the swarm before it gets to your turret or base. They're still pretty useful for certain maps, but there are better alternatives IMHO.

I have a few questions of my own (apologies if they've been answered elsewhere :))

Can anyone tell me how the ricochet weapons work? Is the ricochet effect random or can I make it happen more effectively by aiming a particular way?
    Do any of the Marine items affect gameplay or are they purely cosmetic?

Ricochet seems to happen when you hit any hard surface (like the ground or Breakers hard shell), and maybe more often than that. I found a really effective tactic is to shoot at the ground near a swarm of enemies when they are coming at you, and the ricochet will bounce up and hit em. Pretty sure that's how I got the achievement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.