Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Journey

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

Journey is thatgamecompany's third release for Sony. Roam the lands discovering the history of an ancient civilization on a trek toward a distant mountain. Go at it alone or explore with strangers online.

Pre Ordering Journey On UK PSN

mushroomyakuza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mushroomyakuza

Hi guys.

As this article here mentions, Journey is apparently coming one week earlier to the PSN for PSPlus users. Great news for me, as I am one of them. It also says you'll get a dynamic theme for free, if you pre-order. Obviously, I want that dynamic theme, and I want to pre-order the game, too. However, I'm having difficulty finding out just how I do this.

Am I being dim? I've searched for Journey both through the various categories available through PSN, even manually searched for it and the only option that comes up is to download the trailer. Not exactly what I had in mind.

Does anybody know just how you pre-order a game on the PSN? I'm from the UK, so I don't know if the US store is different, but as far as I can tell there is no option to pre-order on the UK store. Is there one on the US store?

Would appreciate all responses to this. Can't wait for this game. Peace.

d0rks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By d0rks

@mushroomyakuza: You most likely won't see it until after the weekly PSN Store update, which happens on Wednesdays or Thursdays for EU/UK if I'm not mistaken; so basically you'll be able to pre-order about a week prior to release.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RazielCuts

On thatgamecompany's facebook they posted the IGN article about it being a week early for PS+ users and in brackets said (thats Tuesday) so the store must get updated on Tuesday? Doesn't say anything about pre ordering though, might be a US only thing? Let me know if you find anything out about this, I'm from the UK and PS+ sub as well, wouldn't want to miss out on the theme if I didn't have to.

mushroomyakuza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mushroomyakuza

I believe the store gets updated on a Tuesday. However, given that Journey is released generally on the 14th in the UK, a week prior to that would be the 7th, which is when the game is released to PSPlus users...which would technically make it impossible for us to pre-order it, if you follow me.

d0rks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By d0rks

@mushroomyakuza: I think you're worrying too much about pre-ordering. PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able buy, download and play it a week in advance, whereas regular users can only pre-order and wait until release on March 13th-15th. Whether this means "on Tuesday" for UK/EU as well is unclear, but supposedly Monday will bring "some more big Journey news" on the PlayStation Blog, so you probably want to keep an eye out for that.

Just keep in mind when developers or publishers talk about pre-orders, release dates, prices and such they often focus on information relevant to US costumers, in particular when answering questions or making announcements on social media.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Panpipe

Does anyone know how to pre-order this game (UK PSN)?

Please, I must have it. I'm dying here.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Panpipe

God damnit guys, I ended up buying PS + because no one replied.

I blame you all.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By zonikjj

@Panpipe said:

God damnit guys, I ended up buying PS + because no one replied.

I blame you all.

Haha, I bought PS+ for this game as well. It was worth it I guess.

But all you had to do I think was to just go to the game in PSN and buy it. It should state that it's a pre-order, and you'd be good to go. Either way, enjoy! I'm loving the dynamic theme as well.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Masha2932

@Panpipe: How long is your PS+ subscription? Even if it's a short subscription you can take advantage of it by buying games that have a Ps+ discount. At the moment for example Infamous 2: Festival of blood is just $5 for subscribers. Just look around the store there are a bunch of Ps+ discounts at the moment.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

I will never see the point of paying in order to get discounts and long-term rentals on games.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zonikjj

@dekkadekkadekka said:

I will never see the point of paying in order to get discounts and long-term rentals on games.

It also allows you to save your games to PSN's cloud service

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Panpipe

@zonikjj: Sadly it's different on UK PSN, don't believe there was any option to pre-order and I really wanted that dynamic theme. Also, apparently the dynamic theme isn't out until next week for UK PSN T_T I'm really having a bad time over here, heh.

But yeah - I played through the game earlier today - absolutely FANTASTIC. Easily worth £22 on it's own (£10 + PS+).

@Masha2932: Cheers yeah. It's not so bad. I downloaded Trine 2 and Sly Cooper, will I be able to keep them when my 3 month subscription runs out or do they just disappear?

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By owack6

@Panpipe: All the free games you get from PSN do disappear ones PS+ runs out.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Panpipe

@owack6: T-minus 3 months to play Trine and Sly Cooper then, cheers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.